This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
CHIEF ENGINEER – CHICAGO
Radio, FT Employee
Relevant Radio (Chicago, IL)
Relevant Radio is looking for a Chief Engineer with a high level of I.T. background in a broadcast environment. The job requires intensive and strong AM transmitter and antenna array RF skills and experience. The Chief Engineer will be responsible for FCC compliance oversight, establishing priorities in coordination with other departments, participating in planning facility upgrades, oversight of studio design, construction & equipment installation, maintaining a good working relationship with management and staff. On site trouble-shooting, repair & maintenance of AM directional stations in Chicago, IL market.
The successful candidate will be a motivated, self-starter, responsible to take ownership of two transmitter sites and a start- up of a new studio location.
Background and Skills needed to be successful:
• The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 years of radio broadcast experience as Chief Engineer or Assistant Chief Engineer; SBE Certification or General Radiotelephone license.
• Maintain analog and digital studio and processing equipment, STL equipment, and transmitters.
• Perform first level maintenance on business computers and PCs, perform required system monitoring to establish integrity of hardware. – Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills. Familiar with radio engineering software and documentation principals.
• Familiar with studio broadcast hardware and software and ability to plan for future replacement. Will have a minimum of 5 years of experience in configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure including basic network administration and software systems management.
• Knowledge of FCC Rules and Regulations.
• Desire to be a team player appreciating a professional work environment and understanding the need for each department to work with and support the others.
• On-call status 24/7 for troubleshooting and maintenance of any off-air notifications.
• Must have reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license and ability to lift 50 pounds, climb ladders and undertake other physical duties necessary to accomplish the job. (190)
Incoming search terms:
- Radio Chief Engineer description