This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
CHIEF DEVELOPMENT OFFICER
Fundraising, FT Employee
Diocese of Harrisburg (Harrisburg, PA)
Reporting to the CEO and working closely with the Bishop, the Chief Development Officer “CDO” is responsible for leading the dedicated fundraising efforts which will support the operations and ministry programs of the Diocese of Harrisburg, “Diocese”.
As the chief fundraising professional the CDO will be responsible for:
1. Providing the overall strategic direction for the Development efforts of the Diocese. This includes working closely with its parishes, schools and agencies to ensure that potential donors are aligned with programs and to both gather information and provide feedback on the interests of potential donors in support of new programs.
2. The creation and maintenance of a diocesan research and database management system ensuring that its potential is utilized in all fundraising efforts, and that the systems and activities are integrated and coordinated throughout the diocese.
3. Keeping the diocese’s fundraising efforts current, relevant and engaging to donors and benefactors. Proactively identifying and assessing new prospects as potential donors.
4. Developing a donor prospect pipeline. Creating, managing, and advancing effective relationships with assigned prospects toward the goal of appropriate solicitation.
5. Setting and achieving annual fundraising targets; ensuring that the internal and external resources required for success are in place and fully utilized and developing the use of online fundraising.
6. Providing the foundation for long-term, ongoing, and expected growth in the development efforts.
7. Maintaining a monthly level of actual or facilitated appointments or significant prospect moves.
8. Planning and coordinating various fundraising events throughout the Diocese
The ideal candidate will have experience as a senior member or leader of a development department within a private college or university, health foundation, social service agency, church/faith based organization. A substantial amount of out of office travel may be incurred with this position.
•Capacity to engender confidence and trust internally and externally.
•Strength in interpersonal skills including excellent listening skills, empathy and the ability to assess and operate within a large organizational with an established culture.
•Demonstrated competency in all areas of fundraising and success in implementing comprehensive fundraising programs with measurable results.
•Strong planning and analytical skills.
•Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate a fundraising team.
•Competency with research systems or software products used in prospect cultivation, ideally with knowledge of online fundraising.
•Ability to forge strong working relationships with key staff and volunteers.
•Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
•An ability to create strong, personal relationships with potential major donors. (363)
Incoming search terms:
- catholic diocese of harrisburg pennsylvania
- diocese of harrisburg
- harrisburg diocese