This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
CEMETERIES GENERAL MANAGER
Management, FT Employee
Diocese of Kansas City – St. Joseph (Kansas City, MO)
Copy this URL and paste into your browser: https://app.hireology.com/s/20196.
Position Title: General Manager
Division: Catholic Cemeteries
Reports to: External Management Consulting Group (MCG)
The General Manager is responsible for the daily management of the four Diocesan cemeteries (Mount Olivet Cemetery, Mount St. Mary’s Cemetery, Resurrection Cemetery in Kansas City, MO and Mount Olivet Cemetery in St. Joseph, MO).
The manager’s primary function is to meet objectives set by the external MCG with oversight by the Board of Directors.
Supervise daily operations for all Diocesan cemeteries
• Exhibit thorough knowledge of the products and services of Catholic Cemeteries and the theology and history of the Catholic burial tradition.
• Implement policies and procedures relating to cemetery administrators in cooperation with legal counsel as required.
• Assure the proper grounds maintenance of the blessed places for Christian burial in accordance with Church and civil law
• Maintain cemetery equipment at optimum performance levels at all times
• Maintain thorough and accurate records of all information including burial databases relating to burials and lot purchases
• Work cooperatively with parishes to provide information and data when requested
Manage cemetery sales and operations staff
• Monitor employee performance, make recommendations affecting employment status
• Provide sales staff with proper training regarding sales techniques, legal requirements, and Diocesan products, policies, and procedures
• Train staff on operation of all equipment and standard operating procedures and assures maintenance of safety requirements and standards
• When needed, serve as a hands-on crew leader for all physical operations, including sod installation, seeding, fertilizing, watering, mowing, beautification, infrastructure upkeep, grave and foundation layout and services, snow removal and sanding within cemeteries
Meet sales objectives set forth by the MCG
• Manage sales team to achieve monetary goals
• Over-see sales of lots, cremains niches/scattering areas, mausoleum niches, crypts, monument installation, grave/niche openings and closings
• Support sales force initiatives and goals for pre-need customers
• Support sales force function for time-of-need customers
Cultivate and preserve solid customer relations
• Respectfully and promptly handle any customer issues or complaints
• Conduct satisfaction surveys with surviving families at appropriate time after service
Manage and meet financial objectives set forth by the MCG
• Discuss and meet budget recommendations, follow cost projections and assure compliance with established budget limitations and allocations
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Understand the connection between Diocese goals and strategies and turn those into actionable plans and goals.
• Earn others’ trust and respect through consistent honesty and professionalism in all interactions.
• Use strong verbal and written communication skills to build effective relationships, exchange information clearly and concisely and to deliver new concepts, opinions and ideas in a professional manner.
• View service to internally or externally as a priority to continuously strive to meet and exceed needs, requests and expectations.
• Promote a sense of collaboration and teamwork; share information and learning; keep others informed to help promote Diocesan strategy and goals.
• BA/BS degree in Finance, Business or closely related area.
• 3-5 years of closely related experience
• Strong commitment to uphold the Catholic tradition of The Rite of Christian Burial in the sacred grounds of Catholic Cemeteries.
• Must be faithful to the Church’s magisterium, and be a fully participating and practicing Catholic.
Copy this URL and paste into your browser: https://app.hireology.com/s/20196. (228)
Incoming search terms:
- cemetaries of kc diocies
- st joseph catholic cemetery
- st joseph mo
- st joseph new catholic cemetary