This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
CATHOLIC GRADE SCHOOL PRINCIPAL
Education: Elementary, FT Employee
St. Damian (Oak Forest, IL)
Supervision: Our principal is accountable to the pastor in consultation with the business administrator and the Archdiocesan Superintendent of Schools.
WORK AREA: Parish and School grounds with occasional travel to meetings within and outside of the Archdiocese of Chicago.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: This person is responsible for the overall management of the school, serving as the chief administrator and leader responsible for fostering a Catholic environment conducive to a high quality education. This person will work in full cooperation with the pastor, business administrator, assistant principal, School Advisory board and Archdiocesan Catholic Schools Office.
WORKING CONDITIONS: The principal is a full-time position. An office in a comfortable, private environment with a
moderate noise level is provided, along with appropriate accessories and equipment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works in outside weather conditions.
QUALIFICATIONS: To be considered for this position, an individual must be approved by the Archdiocese of Chicago Catholic School Office. A potential applicant my enter this process via the following link:
1. Recruit, interview and consult with the pastor/business administrator regarding the contracting of teachers and the hiring of staff.
2. Supervise, evaluate and develop all members of the school staff.
3. Assure appropriate supervision within the school and environs when children are present.
4. Plan staff meetings, meetings with students and parents, and in-service programs for faculty.
5. Assess school’s needs, evaluate effectiveness of practices, develop school improvement plans, set goals and establish operational procedures.
6. Manage the school budget and assist with its preparation so as to insure that an adequate, sequential up-to-date academic program is provided for students.
7. Establish and maintain frequent communication with families, parish members, community and public school district.
8. Assure that the school complies with applicable federal, state, local and diocesan regulations.
9. Assure that the school takes advantage of federal, state and local funding that is available.
10. Assure that environment proper to the Catholic mission of the school be evident in conduct of students, school environment, publications, events, developed and/or sponsored by the school.
11. Achieve and maintain WRISA (Wisconsin Religious and Independent School Accrediting) accreditation.
12. Report periodically to pastor on progress and issues of the school.
13. Cooperate with pastor, parish staff and lay leaders for good order and support of all parish ministries.
14. Cooperate with pastor and parish staff in common parish programs such as adult faith formation, sacramental preparation, especially liturgies, parish events, etc.
15. Assist and encourage all members of the school faculty and staff to participate in continuing education appropriate to responsibilities.
16. Represent the school at education meetings, conferences.
17. If teaching, follows the responsibilities listed in the Teachers Job Description.
NOTE: Above responsibilities are pursued in collaboration with an Assistant Principal. Certain duties may be delegated completely to the Assistant Principal with supervision provided by the Principal.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. (215)
Incoming search terms:
- saint damian church
- post office oak forest il
- st damian oak forest
- st damian oak foret
- st damian school oak forest