Counseling, FT Employee
Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Arlington (Arlington, VA)
The Case Manager provides case management to all clients on a daily basis under the supervision of the Program Director. The Case Manager coordinates the physical needs for Christ House, ensures that all established policies and procedures are followed in the operation of the program and acts in the absence of the Program Director.
• A bachelor-level degree preferably in Social Work or Psychology, plus two years’ case management experience in a residential setting, or some combination of education and experience equal to four years.
• Ability to relate to clients, volunteers, staff, and the public is critical.
Hours: Monday through Friday, 1:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Duties include but are not limited to:
1. Provide case management services to shelter residents on a daily basis:
• Complete client intake forms and provides clients with shelter orientation and procedures (intercom, security, equipment, log, etc.).
• Input all client information into the computer system.
• Interact on a daily basis with shelter residents and makes recommendations for programs, referrals, and extensions for them.
• Supervise Assistant Case Manager
• Manage Mentor/Mentee relationships providing Mentors a weekly update of residents’ activities and actionable progress
• Coordinate resident requests with Resident Managers and works closely with them to resolve client conflict and/or crises.
• Support shelter residents and advocate on their behalf by phone, letters, and court appearances.
• Responsible for promoting a safe environment for the residents, volunteers, staff and guests of Christ House
• Attend client progress staff meetings and training sessions and assigns client chores within the shelter.
2. Provide case management and counseling to assigned shelter residents:
• Provide goal setting, programmatic counseling, budget planning (savings and accounting) tailored to the family-goal plan, instructions on life skills and independent living, privileges, crisis intervention, and establish activity plan on a monthly basis for both inside the shelter and during off days for 15 to 18 clients on a regular basis.
• Attend client progress staff meetings, leading discussions on assigned clients.
• Hold weekly meetings with assigned clients and provides counseling.
• Maintain complete and accurate case notes on each assigned client and ensures confidentiality, completing Progress Notes and other reports.
3. Ensure coordination of Christ House activities within/between programs:
• Maintain a safe working environment for all who participate in the programming at Christ House
• Work closely with Resident Managers to resolve client conflict and/or crises.
• Keep Program Director informed of client related problems/needs and building maintenance problems.
• Receive, distribute, and store donations taking into account client needs.
4. Manage the overall supply needs for the Christ House facility:
• Inspect apartments once weekly to ensure all shelter safety and sanitary conditions are being met by clients and upon discharge of residents.
• Monitor visitors and guests to the shelter, keeping the building secured.
• Clean up after each shift, policing donation area, front office and kitchen.
Work Environment: Christ House in Alexandria is an 18-bed shelter for homeless men. It is a 3-floor facility with some offices and eating on the 1st floor, office and residential facilities on the 2nd and 3rd floor. Storage is in the basement. No accessibility for the handicapped is available beyond the 1st floor. There is central heating and air conditioning. (86)