This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
CARDINAL O’HARA HIGH SCHOOL PRINCIPAL
Education: Middle/High School, FT Employee
Archdiocese of Philadelphia (Philadelphia, PA)
The Archdiocese of Philadelphia Office of Catholic Education seeks a dynamic, innovative, results-driven leader for Principal of Cardinal O’Hara High School. Cardinal O’Hara High School enjoys an enrollment of 1232 students and celebrates its 50th year educating students in Delaware County, Pennsylvania. The Principal is appointed by the Secretary for Catholic Education and Superintendent for Secondary Schools. The Principal reports directly to the President and the Superintendent for Secondary Schools. The Principal has both the authority and responsibility for the daily operations of the school including the school’s academic success and continuous improvement.
• Catholic Identity: promotes the essential characteristics and fundamental values of a Catholic school.
• Leadership: provides personal and visible leadership to all members of the learning community and seeks continuous school improvement in a student-centric environment. The Principal ensures equity in educational opportunities, supports academic programs and enhancements, and provides a safe, rigorous, relevant, quality education for all students.
• Enrollment and Development Management: collaborates with the President and the President’s staff in marketing and development initiatives to increase enrollment and retention.
• Academic Affairs: oversees the design the academic program of the school ensuring program enhancement using the most current research and best practices available to education; provides for the teaching assignments of the teachers, requisitions instructional materials and equipment, and approves the master roster for the school.
• Student Affairs: oversees the successful implementation all student activities and athletic programs sponsored by the high school.
• Student Services: provides for the student-centric climate; enforcement of the local school code of conduct, for the availability of guidance and counseling services, and for the delivery of other services that are offered to students.
• Student Admissions: develops the criteria for admission to the school that are consistent with diocesan guidelines and makes certain that these criteria are consistently utilized in making decisions concerning admissions to the school.
• Supervision: directs the supervision of the teaching faculty and support staff; the Principal also provides for the revision of the instructional programs and for continuing staff development.
• Personnel: In accord with the protocols approved for religious and diocesan priests, as well as the Labor-Management Agreement, and in consultation with the President of the school, the Principal selects members of the teaching staff, the guidance staff, athletic coaches, activity moderators, and support staff. Likewise, the Principal in consultation with the President initiates the termination process for the above-mentioned personnel following the archdiocesan guidelines and the procedures outlined in the Labor-Management Agreement.
Candidates for leadership positions within the Archdiocese of Philadelphia Secondary Schools will find great opportunity for learning and growth within the recently redesigned management and operational structure of the organization. Educational leaders ready to transform Catholic education in the Philadelphia region are welcome to apply.
The Archdiocese offers a competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with experience and education. Applicants must possess an advanced graduate degree in educational leadership.
Those interested in the position should send their cover letter, resume, and transcripts to Archdiocese of Philadelphia, Human Resources, 222 North Seventeenth St. Philadelphia, PA 19103 or email to [email protected] Please mark the subject line: Candidate: Principal Cardinal O’Hara. The deadline for application is January 31, 2014.
Applicants must be practicing Catholics as verified by the pastor of the parish in which the applicant is registered. PA required clearances and official transcripts will be required before employment can begin. (313)
Incoming search terms:
- archdiocese pf Phila guidlines for job termination
- archdiocese of philadelphia principals
- superintendent salaries at philadelphia archdiocese schools
- archdiocese of philadelphia new principal high school
- principal of cardinal ohara high school PA
- philadelphia archdiocese high school salaries
- ohara catholic high school springfield pa
- NACSTcontract labor agreement archdiocese of philadelphia pa
- In the cardinal OHara high schools
- High school rules for athletic sports in the archdiocese of phila