This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
CARDINAL O’HARA HIGH SCHOOL PRESIDENT
Fundraising, FT Employee
Archdiocese of Philadelphia (Philadelphia, PA)
The Archdiocese of Philadelphia Office of Catholic Education seeks a dynamic, innovative, results-driven leader for President of Cardinal O’Hara High School. Cardinal O’Hara High School enjoys an enrollment of 1232 students and celebrates its 50th year educating students in Delaware County, Pennsylvania. The President is appointed by the Secretary for Catholic Education and reports to the Secretary for Catholic Education in matters pertaining to the administration of the school. The President works with a Board of Advisors which serves in a consultative role to the President. As the Chief Executive Officer of the school, the President:
• Catholic Identity: Promotes the essential characteristics and fundamental values of a Catholic school.
• Leadership: The President shares with the Principal a responsibility for providing personal and visible leadership for the school faculty, staff, students, and families on issues related to the mission and goals of the school.
• Board of Advisors: The President seeks the advice and counsel of community leaders and parents through a Board of Advisors and acts as the presiding officer of that Board.
• Enrollment and Development Management: The President collaborates with the Board of Advisors and the President’s staff in marketing and development initiatives to increase enrollment and retention. The President is responsible for meeting annual enrollment goals as set in collaboration with the Office of Catholic Education.
• Policies and Programs: The President approves all school policies and programs, provided they are consistent with archdiocesan policies and stated mission of the school as a Catholic Community, an academic center, and an archdiocesan institution.
• Planning: The President in collaboration with the Board of Advisors, the school administration, and the faculty, develops and executes a strategic long-range plan that is consistent with the mission of the school and the policies of the Archdiocesan Secondary School System.
• The President uses all available resources to: provide scholarships and tuition assistance in order to make the school available to all who desire a Catholic education, support academic programs and enhancements, improve and maintain facilities, and provide for a safe, rigorous, relevant, quality education for all students.
•Institutional Advancement: The President directs marketing efforts, recruitment strategies, fundraising programs, and alumni/alumnae activities in collaboration with the Advancement Team and the Board of Advisors.
• Public Representation: The President represents the school in the public forum and personally meets with selected constituencies to improve school-community relations.
• The President consults with the Principal in handling personnel matters ensuring protocols for hiring and termination are followed.
The position awaits the energetic, visionary leader who can demonstrate a strong commitment to Catholic education, exceptional leadership skills, and positive experiences leading an organization. The candidate must possess the skills and ability to drive overall advancement and enrollment growth, leadership development, and innovation. The candidate must have demonstrated success in strategic financial operations, enrollment management and advancement.
Candidates for leadership positions within the Archdiocese of Philadelphia Secondary Schools will find great opportunity for learning and growth within the recently redesigned management and operational structure of the organization. Business and educational leaders ready to transform Catholic education in the Philadelphia region are welcome to apply.
The Archdiocese offers a competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with experience and education. Applicants must possess an advanced graduate degree in educational or business administration.
Those interested in the position should send their cover letter, resume, and transcripts to Archdiocese of Philadelphia, Human Resources, 222 North Seventeenth St. Philadelphia, PA 19103 or email to [email protected] Please mark the subject line: Candidate: President Cardinal O’Hara. The deadline for application is January 31, 2014.
Applicants must be practicing Catholics as verified by the pastor of the parish in which the applicant is registered.PA required clearances and official transcripts will be required before employment can begin. (155)
Incoming search terms:
- archdioces of philadelphia
- catholic events philadelphia
- tuition cardinal ohara high school pa