CAMPUS MINISTRY COORDINATOR
Religious Education, FT Employee
St. Labre Indian Catholic School (Ashland, MT)
St. Labre Indian Catholic School
Pretty Eagle Catholic Academy St. Charles Mission School
Job Title: Campus Ministry Coordinator
Department: Mission and Ministry
Reports To: Director of Mission and Ministry
FLSA Status: Exempt – 10 month position
Salary Grade: 3C ($29,698-$38,608) on the 10 Month Schedule
Approved Date: 08-20-14
Shall lead the catechetical and liturgical endeavors in the faith development of students and staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned. *Indicates the non-essential duties and responsibilities. Nothing in this job description restricts St. Labre’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
1. Provide leadership for students in school functions, prayer, liturgical services, community events, and other special events pertaining to their spiritual growth and development.
2. Coordinate with the Director of Mission and Ministry Integration and pastor of St. Labre Parish.
3. Lead in the planning, implementing, and evaluating of all student and staff retreats, service projects, mission trips, and other liturgical functions.
4. Plan, lead, and implement music for all liturgical functions.
5. Develop, implement, and evaluate a regular prayer and liturgy schedule for students and staff; coordinate the implementation with principals.
6. Serve as a mentor and support for students and staff by being a daily presence on campus, specifically in the school buildings.
7. Serve as an assistant for the Mission and Ministry Department at all St. Labre schools and as called upon by the directors and principals of St. Labre.
8. Serve as a member on the Mission Quest and Catholic Schools Week committees.
9. Maintain a regular presence at the St. Labre dormitory in consultation with the Director of Schools and Dormitory Supervisor.
10. Maintain a regular presence at the St. Labre Homes in consultation with the Director of Youth & Family Services and the Group Home Manager.
11. Attend parent-teacher conferences in all schools as requested.
12. Attend other staff meetings as requested.
13. Assess regularly the needs of students and staff members; recommend special functions, liturgies and activities to meet their needs.
14. Dialogue and consult with the Native American Catholic community and other Native Americans who participate in traditional Native American spiritual practices to enculturate the liturgical life of the school.
15. Maintain one’s personal growth in the Catholic faith and model regular attendance at church services.
Works closely with the Capuchin Corps volunteers and Cap Corp volunteers serving the Department of Mission and Ministry.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Bachelors (B.A.) and/or Master’s degree (M.A.) or equivalent in Catholic theology and/or pastoral ministry and/or education. Work experience in a multi-cultural environment. Experience facilitating liturgical functions. Experience leading liturgical music in various functions.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILIITIES
1. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
2. Strong organizational and management skills.
3. Excellent interpersonal skills.
4. Ability to maintain materials of a highly confidential nature.
5. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, staff, parents, and the general public.
6. Willingness to work with teachers, staff, students, and other members of the community.
7. Respect of the teachings of the gospel of Jesus Christ in private, personal, and public life.
8. Commitment to the mission of the Roman Catholic Church in Native American education.
9. Sensitivity to and appreciation of Native American people and their cultures.
10. Ability to teach moral and spiritual values to youth.
11. Ability to serve as an appropriate role model for students.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, AND/OR REGISTRATIONS
Valid MT driver’s license.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and to hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee must occasionally life and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. (0)
Incoming search terms:
- st labre indain week