This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
CAMPUS MINISTER – CITY UNIVERSITY OF NEW YORK
Young Adult Ministry, FT Employee
University Apostolate, Archdiocese of New York (New York, NY)
The Campus Minister for CUNY schools will report to and communicate directly with the Director of the University Apostolate of the Archdiocese of New York, and be responsible for providing Catholic Campus Ministry outreach and opportunities for students that assist their spiritual growth and development. The CUNY Campus Minister will be assigned a cluster of CUNY schools at which he/she will be responsible for providing campus ministry coinciding with the pillars of the University Apostolate: the Mass, the Sacraments, Apostolic Formation, and Faith Formation. The Campus Minister will coordinate the pastoral assistance of assigned auxiliary priests, and will further collaborate with Archdiocese of New York offices/ministries.
• Direct the overall vision for the spiritual development of students, as well as the college communities.
• Communicate Sunday Mass locations/times with students and assist (as needed) with transportation.
• Plan and implement campus ministry programming, such as: weekly meetings for community prayer, praise, and discussion of relevant topics; retreats; Bible Studies, men’s/women’s groups, etc.
• Work closely with the Director of the University Apostolate to strategize and implement a yearly Campus Ministry Action Plan, an engaging planning process to provide vision for campus ministry.
• Grow Catholic Campus Ministry through identifying and evangelizing a team of student leaders.
• Administer the annual CUNY Catholic Campus Ministry budget.
• Coordinate with auxiliary priests to assist students’ access to the Mass/Sacraments on Holy Days.
• Provide spiritual assistance and support to students facing moral challenges and pressures, cultivate the faith community, and assist students in developing a prayer life where they encounter Jesus Christ.
• Utilize social media and other forms of communication to reach students.
• Foster ecumenical & inter-religious collaboration, and act as a steward of the college’s religious life.
• Bachelors Degree in any field.
• A good knowledge of and demonstrated commitment to following the teachings of the Catholic Church.
• A central desire to evangelize, while catechizing the faithful in the saving action of Jesus Christ.
• Previous experience in campus or youth ministry.
• Strong leadership experience and skills, interpersonal communication skills, and collaborative skills.
• Competency with Microsoft Office Suite including (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and the ability to utilize social media for evangelization.
• Willingness to collaborate with Archdiocese offices/ministries and outside ministry organizations. (245)