This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
CAMPUS ADVANCEMENT SPECIALIST
Other, FT Employee
FOCUS (Golden, CO)
Campus Advancement Specialist
Position Overview: FOCUS is seeking a qualified person to serve the Campus Advancement team in a wide range of support-related tasks. Projects would range from coordinating benefactor special events, to overseeing the logistics of FOCUS+share and other special projects, to providing support to the Campus Advancement team.
Benefactor events may include special events at SEEK/SLS (Conference), REACH Prayer Breakfasts, and small major-donor events. These events provide an opportunity to cultivate our relationships with current benefactors and to meet new prospects, leading to deeper emotional and financial commitments. Benefactors are able to experience our mission first-hand surrounded by students and staff. These events offer benefactors the opportunity to discover the New Evangelization and their role within it.
• Responsibilities: This person will be responsible for coordinating and executing effective, professional, enjoyable events that reflect the mission and vision of FOCUS and draw benefactors more deeply into our mission.
FOCUS+share exists to engage parishioners in the New Evangelization and Christ’s Great Commission and to inspire hope as they hear about Catholic missionary activity. It is comprised of FOCUS sending priests to parishes across the country to homilize about the New Evangelization and FOCUS.
• Responsibilities: This person will maintain a pool of priest-speakers, communicate with dioceses and parishes to arrange speaking engagements, coordinate logistics for priests’ visits to speak at parishes, and complete other tasks related to these events.
Other Projects and Support: Campus Advancement is a quickly growing area within FOCUS that seeks to create a sustainable funding model by engaging benefactors, chaplains, alumni, and community members surrounding our campuses. Our team will pilot new projects and initiatives as we seek to grow this initiative.
• Responsibilities: This person will provide vital support to the Campus Advancement team by coordinating logistics and overseeing the successful completion of projects.
This person will interact and communicate effectively with FOCUS staff, benefactors, and other partners in a fast paced environment. This person will remain responsive and efficient with a high level of professionalism. This person will work diligently for the successful execution of each event and project. FOCUS encourages our staff to regularly participate in the Sacraments, a daily prayer life, and an immersion in the liturgical life of the Church.
• Committed to the FOCUS mission
• Strong ability to multi-task, plan, and prioritize
• Detail and process oriented; very organized
• Diligent in completing tasks and following up with others
• Enjoys fast paced job responsibilities
• Perseveres in the midst of conflict and stress
• Adapts well to last minute change
• People and service-oriented
• Team player
• Committed to personal and organizational excellence
• Results and action-oriented
• Handles pressure well
• Makes decisions quickly and moves processes forward
• Ability to take the lead on projects and manage others to achieve goals
• Undergraduate degree
• Previous professional experience in a similar role preferred (64)