This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
CAMPUS ADVANCEMENT OFFICER
Fundraising, FT Employee
FOCUS (Golden, CO)
The Campus Advancement Officer (CAO) builds sustainable funding for individual FOCUS campuses by deeply engaging benefactors, chaplains, alumni, and other community members. As donors and potential donors experience our mission, the CAO will ignite them to passion and action in support of our work, mobilizing them to serve as advocates for local FOCUS programs within their community. The CAO maintains a portfolio of Annual Fund donors; he/she conducts discovery, qualification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of Annual Fund donors and potential donors. This position requires excellent written and verbal communication skills and a desire to grow in understanding of the fund development field. Additionally, this position requires the ability to work as an effective team member in a fast-paced, result-driven environment. Other responsibilities include collaboration with the Philanthropy and Collegiate Outreach departments and other departments of FOCUS; supporting other efforts within the Mission Development Department and other duties that further relationships between FOCUS, students, benefactors and community members.
• Develops and maintains a portfolio of Annual Fund potential donors (i.e. potential donors with the capacity to give between $200/month – $415/month). Makes personal gift solicitations of these prospects and directs a solicitation to all prospects in the portfolio for the Annual Fund. Records all contact with potential donors in the FOCUS constituent database.
• Shares the mission of FOCUS and the joy of the Catholic faith with donors in order to encourage their own relationship with Jesus Christ
• Schedules and conducts face-to-face donor visits; 20/month in their region; Expects to travel 8-12 days per month, and 6-8 nights
• Develops strategic approaches to mobilize four or more campus communities with the collaboration of other departments and key players.
• Recruits Campus Advancement Councils members and coordinates 4 meetings per year for each councils.
• Secures sponsorships for 3-4 Campus Advancement Events (ex. REACH New Evangelization Prayer Breakfast)
• Alumni Giving – Coaches 6-8 campus teams in the completion of Senior Stewardship meetings and Launch Night events (our send-off for graduating FOCUS-involved Seniors).
• Develops and implements strategy and tactics regarding the development system. Leads in the discovery, qualification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of gift.
• Meets regularly with supervisor and attends all appropriate meetings within the Campus Advancement Department and the Denver Support Center
• Provides strong, creative and energetic leadership within the Campus Advancement Department and FOCUS as an organization; supports the mission of FOCUS on college campuses and works selflessly to help the mission attain identified success factors
• Attends FOCUS and community events as required
Fiscal Year Goals
• Achieves benchmark revenue objectives from personal and national goals (115)