This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
Accounting/Finance, PT Employee
St. Thomas More Parish (Munster, IN)
The Business Manager reports directly to the President and is responsible for overseeing the accounting, human resource and software/database systems of the parish. The ideal candidate is an experienced person who has the skills necessary to prepare, interpret and utilize detailed financial reports and computerized databases, provide outstanding service, is analytical, collaborative and can work multiple projects at the same time. This person will also need to be able to work with and supervise a small staff and volunteers. To start, this is a part-time (25 hours/week) position.
• Develop, analyze and interpret operational and accounting information.
• Review, update and enforce financial and accounting policies.
• Prepare monthly financial statements, quarterly finance committee packets and annual budgets.
• Oversee payroll and human resources.
• Maintain and disseminate policies and procedures.
• Oversee all licensing and state and federal reporting.
• Oversee A/P, tuition collections and the Angel Scholarship Program.
• Manage all banking business.
• Troubleshoot and help to manage the school and church databases.
• Evaluate and bring in new technologies/software to improve the overall operations.
• Assure effective stewardship of the finance office.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Demonstrated Competencies Required
• Committed to the mission and values of St. Thomas More Parish and of the Catholic Church.
• Numerical aptitude and effective analytical and problem-solving skills with an attention to detail.
• Will prepare reconciliations and will back-up all accounting functions. Must be hands on.
• Must identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to effectively speak to large and small groups, as well as one-on-one communication.
• Ability to work as a member in a team-oriented environment and able to lead when necessary. Will work with paid staff and volunteers.
• Able to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and projects concurrently.
• Must embrace technology.
• Degree in Accounting or Finance.
• Minimum of 3 years prior accounting and supervisory experience. Experience in a non-profit environment is preferred.
• Proficient and experienced with QuickBooks and Microsoft Office.
• Must have worked with database systems, preferably Parish Data Systems, Education Edge and Raiser’s Edge
Please submit a cover letter and resume to: [email protected] (68)
Incoming search terms:
- business manager st thomas more school
- st thomas more business manager