This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
Management, FT Employee
St. Thomas Aquinas Church (Bridgewater, MA)
Business Manager, Full-Time
St. Thomas Aquinas Parish, Bridgewater
SUMMARY: The Business Manager is the parish’s senior staff member in support of the Pastor. Under the direction of the Pastor, is the principal steward of the administrative, financial, personnel and physical resources of the parish.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTIES:
• Directs the management of all parish records
• Coordinates parish liability, property, and workers compensation insurance with the diocesan insurance programs
• Maintains good working relationships and effective communication with the parish community, various groups, and outside authorities
• Attends all pastoral staff, parish commission, and Parish Council meetings as required
• Ensures timely production of the weekly parish bulletin
• Consults with and advises the Pastor on business and administrative matters which affect the parish
• Oversees inventory of Liturgy supplies. Orders materials, supplies, or equipment as needed
• Oversees office equipment, fire alarm equipment, etc.
• Maintains Employee Handbook and any procedural manuals in the office and on website
• Attends Archdiocesan meetings representing the parish and the Pastor, as well as seminars and continuing education as required
• Assures backup of critical computer and manual records
• Preparation and administration of annual budget
• Accountability for Parish funds and accurate and timely reporting
• Adherence to deadlines for timely payroll tax reporting
• Other duties as assigned
• Manages the Improved Financial Relationship Model (IFRM) for the Parish
• Prepares, administers, and reviews the budget and financial reporting process in collaboration with the Finance Council
• Maintains accuracy of all financial files and records and establishes a responsible cash flow management system in QuickBooks
• Oversees preparation of payroll, associated tax and other reports
• Ensures timely submission of all required reports to the diocese
• Manages Parish payables and receivables and required insurance
• Acts as liaison between the parish and the diocese relative to financial matters
• Acts as parish liaison with local bank(s)
• Coordinates and reviews funds of parish organizations
• Participates in the hiring and termination of employees per established policies of the parish in collaboration with the Pastor
• Supervises the parish secretary, housekeeping, maintenance/ custodial staff and others as assigned by the Pastor
• Establishes and maintains staff evaluation process
• Oversees the administration of salary and diocesan benefit programs for Parish employees
• Oversees scheduling of parish facilities and the management of facility keys
• Oversees the timely opening and closing of the parish office
• Solicits and reviews bids and quotes; and negotiates contracts on behalf of the Parish for work conducted by external contractors/ vendors
• Ensures the establishment and monitoring of preventive maintenance
programs for all property and equipment
• Coordinates security measures to protect property and personnel
• Maintains Cemetery financial records and bank account; providing periodic reports to the Finance Council
• Maintains accurate cemetery records
• Manages all activities related to the sale of graves
Education & Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree required with a concentration in Accounting or Business Administration preferred.
• Demonstrated working knowledge of accounting principles.
• Five or more years experience in financial management, and a minimum two years of supervisory experience.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Quickbooks preferred.
• Knowledge and understanding of the Catholic Church and its mission required.
Organizational & Interpersonal Skills
A high level of organizational and interpersonal skill is required. Attention to detail and
demonstrated ability of working effectively with others is essential. Professional appearance is required.
Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing; and to maintain confidentiality in all Parish matters.
Demonstrated ability to understand how computers and related software operates; ability to troubleshoot computer related problems preferred.
Ability to define problems, to collect and analyze data, to establish facts, and to make sound decisions.
• Additional weekend and evening work hours may be required
To apply, send resumes to [email protected] (217)