This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
Accounting/Finance, FT Employee
Holy Cross High School (Flushing, NY)
The Business Manager of Holy Cross High School of Bayside, Inc., will manage and execute the administration of financial affairs of the high school. The Business Manager prepares the financial reports and oversees all accounting and financials aspects of the high school. The Business Manager reports to the President and is accountable to Board of Directors.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
1. Maintain the general ledger and other financial records of the school.
2. Prepare, manage, input, file:
a. Monthly journal entries.
b. Bank reconciliations.
c. General ledger account reconciliations.
d. Accounts payable and cash disbursements assisted by the Business Office Assistant.
e. Accounts receivable and receivable schedules assisted by the Business Office Assistant.
f. Input all final data entries.
3. Prepare accurate and timely financial statements to be presented to the President and Board. Prepare narratives as necessary explaining variations between budget and actual.
4. Perform routine cash management.
5. Monitor school investments and work closely with Investment Committee of the Board of Directors. Prepare/input monthly reconciliation entries for the General Ledger.
6. Oversee and compile the annual high school budgets at the direction of the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors.
7. Manage tax payment process – employment taxes, income taxes, etc.
8. Administer high school employee benefit plans.
9. Maintain financial records for high school bus fleet. Manage insurance and claim issues. Review and assess annually.
10. Maintain business related personnel files for employees.
11. Maintain an effective working relationship with the high school auditors, consultants and other service providers.
12. Maintain files for permanent records according to generally accepted accounting practices.
13. Responsible for computer equipment and effective use of appropriate software.
14. Attend meetings and perform other duties and responsibilities within the scope of financial administration of the high school and special requests of the President.
15. Assist in the management of high school properties; review and assess property and liability insurance annually, in association with the President and/or Building Manager.
16. Assist with/or manage capital improvement projects with the Plant and Facilities Committee of the Board.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. Bachelor’s degree in related field.
2. Successful experience in the field of accounting/finance.
3. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
4. Ability to comprehend and utilize professional educational materials, and willingness to update required skills.
5. Ability to establish and arrange priorities.
6. Proficiency in computer skills.
7. Manage Business Office and supervise personnel.
1. 8 am to 4 pm daily.
2. Some flexibility when school is not in session and the work load permits. (590)
Incoming search terms:
- holy cross high school queens ny
- holy cross high school flushing