This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
Maintenance/Trades, FT Employee
St. Gall Church (Chicago, IL)
ARCHDIOCESE OF CHICAGO
St. Gall Parish
Title: Buildings Manager
Status: Full-time Benefits Eligible, Exempt
Reports To: Business Operations Manager
Direct Subordinates: Assistant Buildings Manager, Maintenance personnel, Contractors and Volunteers
Assures the optimal functioning of building systems including: mechanical, fire/life safety, electrical, structure-integrity, etc. Supervise and train building and grounds maintenance staff. Oversees facilities, landscaping activities, the maintenance of sidewalks and parking areas, and the removal of snow and trash.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for security of parish grounds, contact Manager and local police department when needed as result of damage or vandalism to grounds.
• Oversees and performs maintenance service and repairs in the areas of plumbing, carpentry, painting, plastering, machine servicing, or electrical.
• Consult with Manager and assign daily duties for maintenance personnel and/or volunteers when appropriate.
• Primarily responsible for performing on-site routine services including installation, maintenance, and repair aided by maintenance personnel and/or volunteers when appropriate.
• Inform Manager/Pastor of all required upgrades to grounds, equipment, etc. and consult Manager and/or pastor on purchasing of items in advance.
• Oversee that all equipment for grounds is operational.
• Schedule and notify maintenance personnel and contractors for snow removal as needed.
• Assist Manager in acquiring and assembling bids from outside contractors for capital improvement projects for presentation to Finance Council.
• Maintain and execute 3-year facilities improvement plan.
• Assist Manager in overseeing contractors for facilities renovation project entailing, HVAC, electrical and floor maintenance.
• Perform a complete walk-thru of entire facility every Monday morning to determine areas that require attention and prioritize with manager action plan. Perform facilities check every Friday afternoon to assure that all systems and facilities are clean and functional for the weekend activities and masses. Appropriate follow up.
• Create action plan for weekend maintenance of facilities (hall rental cleaning, Religious Education use of facilities, parking, etc.)
• Develop and deliver within annual budget.
Requirements and Preferences:
• High school graduate, GED or equivalent education
• Licensed Engineer or formal training in HVAC, electrical and/or plumbing preferred
• Minimum of 5 years experience or equivalent combination of formal education and related work experience
• Knowledgeable in the procedures and safety measures of facilities and grounds management
• Basic knowledge of plumbing, carpentry, painting, plastering, machine servicing, or electrical
• Trade certifications preferred
• Knowledge in computer usage (email & internet)
• Has strong communication skills
• Strong organizational and multi tasking skills
• Self motivated a team player
• Bilingual (English/Spanish)
• Availability to work overtime as needed.
How To Apply:
To apply, please include cover letter, resume and salary requirements to St. Gall, 5511 S. Sawyer, Chicago IL 60629 (Attention: C. Cochran) or via email to [email protected] No phone calls. (199)
Incoming search terms:
- who where the pastors of st gall catholic church chicago