This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
BSS-GENERALIST CASE MANAGER
Social Work, FT Employee
Catholic Charities of Central Texas (Austin, TX)
Catholic Charities of Central Texas only accepts online applications. To apply, please visit our website http://ccctx.iapplicants.com/searchjobs.php
Catholic Charities is a religious organization founded by the Catholic Diocese of Austin to provide direct social services to those in need. It is related to but separate from the diocese. Catholic Charities helps the Bishop of Austin fulfill Christ’s mission in Central Texas. Some positions employed in Catholic Charities of Central Texas help to extend the ministry of the Catholic Church in particular ways as outlined in the job description. Therefore, the Catholic Charities of Central Texas employee in this position is related to and assists the Catholic Church in the performance of its ministry and thereby engages in ministry for the church.
The generalist case manager will provide case management services to individuals and families. Also, will meet with individuals and families to assess needs, develop and implement a comprehensive recovery plan, assist in the identification and accessing of resources, and assist in removing barriers to self-sufficiency. The position is formally supervised by the Director of Social Services, and operates under moderate supervision with some latitude for the use of independent judgment and initiative.
• Conduct screening and assessment of needs for individuals and families that contact Catholic Charities.
• Assist clients in implementing long-range plans by exploring all available options, identifying the client’s own resources and available community and government resources, making appropriate referrals, and assisting in linking client with available resources – serving as facilitator and advocate when necessary.
• Act as a resource to clients, outside agencies and staff; answer telephones; enters and maintains referral/intake information using a data base.
• Record client activity in HMIS.
• Determine client eligibility for access to BSS+ resources
• Prepare and submit all required reports and paperwork in a timely and accurate manner.
• Maintain confidential client files, statistical records, phone logs and case notes.
• Identify gaps in resources and determine eligibility for designated financial assistance programs.
• Facilitate linkages to Catholic Charities programs and provide information and referral to community resources.
• Participate as an active team member of Catholic Charities.
• Maintain a work schedule that maximizes availability to staff and customers.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Knowledge of family assistance resources, entitlement programs, and community resources.
• Skills in sensitive listening to the needs of low-income individuals.
• Skill in cultural sensitivity and awareness.
• Ability to formulate assessment of client need(s) and make recommendations for type and level of service.
• Ability to work independently and with a minimum of supervision.
• Ability work cooperatively with all components of agency services.
• Ability to work effectively with diverse populations, including low-income persons and other disadvantaged persons.
• Ability to conformably work in a faith-based environment.
• Ability to operate various word processing software, spreadsheets, and database programs.
• Ability to organize, prioritize, and utilize effective time management techniques to meet deadlines.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.
• Ability to follow instructions furnished in verbal or written format.
Education and Trainings:
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited American university or equivalent in a foreign country in social work, human services or related field.
• 2 (two) years of full-time experience in direct client service activities as an employee or volunteer.
• Valid Texas driver’s license.
• Must be certified in Diocese of Austin EIM within 60 days of employment, and maintain certification throughout the employment period. (103)