This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
Publishing/Journalism, FT Employee
Our Sunday Visitor (Orlando, FL)
This position is located in Orlando, Fl.
Incumbent’s primary responsibilities are to edit manuscript and review page proof for print and electronic Catholic religious education materials and to ensure Spanish translations are culturally and pastorally accurate.
Essential Job Functions:
• Writing, reviewing, editing and proofreading manuscripts
and page proof for bilingual and English only product
• Translating English copy into Spanish and editing copy
written in Spanish
• Tracking and monitoring individual project schedules
• Writing of photo/art specs, selecting photos, provide
scrap for art, and reviewing all art stages from sketch to final
• Assessing appropriateness of images and art for Catholic
market and target age group of product
• Interfacing with design and technology/media teams
• Preparing and reviewing web content
• Working with authors and editorial staff on completing
requests for use of copyrighted material
• Interfacing with Spanish translators, reviewers, vendors,
and marketing to provide assistance as needed
• Correlating content to national and diocesan level
• Incumbent must have a minimum of 5 years experience
• Must have experience at translating copy from English
• Must have experience developing and/or editing
Catholic catechetical/religious education materials.
• Incumbent must have a Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in
English, Education, and Theology.
Skills and Abilities:
• Incumbent must have excellent writing and editorial skills.
• Must be fluent in Spanish and English.
• Hands-on experience with a range of editorial tasks –
including developmental editing, copyediting, proofreading,
and permissions processes required.
• Excellent interpersonal, decision-making, organizational,
and time-management skills are also required, as well as
the ability to handle multiple tasks in a
• Proficiency on MAC and experience using Acrobat, Word,
and Excel required.
• Incumbent will be working in an office environment.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing, stable, Our Sunday Visitor Company. You will earn a competitive salary. In addition, you will earn an excellent benefits package including health, dental, 401k, vacation and much more!
Please apply at www.osvjobs.com
For more information regarding our Curriculum Division of Our Sunday Visitor, please visit the website at http://www.osvcurriculum.com/ (178)
Incoming search terms:
- Sunday Visitor Staff Orlando Florida spanish division