This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
Counseling, FT Employee
Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Arlington (Arlington, VA)
Bilingual counselor needed to provide individual, marital and family counseling to Latino families in the Fredericksburg,Dale City and Arlington offices of the Family Services Department at Catholic Charities, Diocese of Arlington
• Provides professional psychotherapy to individuals, couples and families with particular availability to clients needing fluency in Spanish.
• Screens intake calls for counseling (on rotation with other staff) providing information and referral regarding agency and community resources.
• Maintains intake log for requests of bilingual counseling.
• Conducts selected preventive education workshops and seminars in the community.
• Supervises graduate students and/or part-time clinicians as appropriate.
• Operates on an increasingly independent level, with a high degree of self-awareness, requesting consultation as the need arises.
• Completes clinical record keeping in a timely manner.
• Contributes knowledge and understanding to the agency staff in areas of specialized competence.
• Must uphold Catholic Social Teachings
Education, Degrees, Certificates and Experience:
• Masters in Counseling, Clinical Social Work, or equivalent
• 2+ years’ experience post-licensure experience
• Candidate to possess LCSW or LPC. Licensed in VA.
• Fluent in Spanish-verbal and written
• 1 year experience supervising pre-licensed clinicians preferred
• Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
• Ability to work a flexible schedule including 2 nights per week
Please submit cover letter with salary requirements and resume to [email protected] (90)