This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
BI-LINGUAL LATINO COMMUNITY HEALTH WORKER
Social Work, PT Employee
Catholic Charities of Oregon (Portland, OR)
Latino Community Health Worker (CHW)
Part-time: 20 Hours/Week
LIMTED DURATION (1/2/14-12/31/14)
Reports to: Division Manager
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Help facilitate, promote access and active connection to local health providers for needed health care to reduce health disparities and increase quality & continuity of care.
2. Act as a cultural mediator between community members and the systems and agencies they interact with and seek services from (education, clinics, coordinated care organizations [CCO]).
3. Participate as an active member of the Multi-cultural Community Health Worker Pilot Program as Latino CHW.
4. Participate in initial and ongoing trainings.
5. Learn to use Popular Education methods and pay attention to providing education in a manner most suitable for an effective learning experience for community members.
6. Serve as the project’s main staff liaison to the identified community group served.
7. Conduct 1:1 and community group meetings to inform them about the project and invite participants.
8. Provide appropriate referrals to services and activities.
9. Develop and maintain a referral network.
10. Share health information and education with community members.
11. Represent and promote the program to community members and other agencies.
12. Participate in designing and carrying out any research component of this project.
13. Maintain necessary and timely written documentation and data entry for this project and the attached activities.
14. Participate actively in the on-going development of the project and in planning for follow-up projects.
15. Participate in regular team meetings, supervision and other meetings, as needed.
16. Share experiences with and learn from other Community Health workers and CCO in this project.
17. Perform other duties, as assigned,
1. Bilingual and bi-literate in English and Spanish.
2. Experience working with low income, multi-ethnic populations.
3. Experience working with Latino families, youth and adults.
4. Respect for diversity and ability to work cross-culturally
5. Strong desire to promote the health of the community.
6. Able to effectively problem solve and resolve conflict.
7. Ability to take direction and supervision.
8. Ability to work well independently and within a team.
9. Ability to be flexible and creative in the work environment.
10. Ability to tolerate and thrive in a fluid environment where plans change based on new program information.
11. Ability to work a flexible schedule including some nights and weekends.
12. Willingness and ability to make phone calls, conduct visits in the community, schools, and client’s homes and conduct follow-up contacts.
13. Experience/training in education or healthcare.
14. Excellent written and oral communication.
15. Effective computer skills and ability to develop provide necessary reports and data entry.
16. Ability to coordinate multiple priorities.
17. Possess a valid driver’s license and automobile insurance at agency-required levels.
18. Willingness to learn additional skills needed thru course of project.
19. Ability to support the mission and goals of Catholic Charities and El Programa Hispano.
$14.90-15.38, depending on experience. (Excellent benefits included)
Applications considered as received.
Anticipated Start Date: January 2, 2014
To apply, please complete application form (available online at www.catholiccharitiesoregon.org) and submit along with cover letter and resume to:
Attn: Linda Castillo
138 NE 3rd Street, Suite 140
Gresham, OR 97030
Or to: [email protected]
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER (107)
Incoming search terms:
- jobs medical receptionist bilingual spanish portland oregon
- latino community health workers