I know there are a lot of times I take things for granted. Some of those include the fact that I am able to go to Mass on Sunday without having to worried about whether I will be hunted down and murdered for being a Christian. Many in the Middle East, esp. in Iraq and Syria, can’t say the same.
So, in an effort to gain some perspective about how good I have it, I came up with this short list:
- USA – People talk too much in Mass and the music choices weren’t my in-line with my style.
- Middle East – If you talk about Jesus or play Christian hymns, you might be killed.
- USA – The church air conditioner can’t keep up with the TX heat.
- Middle East – Many churches have been destroyed by Islamic militants.
- USA – I got trouble from some people at work because I am Christian.
- Middle East – My brother was beheaded because he is Christian.
- USA – I don’t like the hypocricy of many people that call themselves Christian.
- Middle East – I don’t like being forced to either leave my home or be killed.
PRAY FOR PEACE!