Sometimes we all just need a laugh. Well, maybe this will help.There are certain products on Amazon which have fictional reviews; written to show the ridiculousness of the product itself or just because someone wants to write funny fiction. Apparently,…
Humanum is an international interreligious colloquium on the complementarity of man and woman, at the Vatican. As part of the gathering, they have released some AMAZING videos.I posted one on the meaning of marriage on Tuesday.The second video in …
Many people may ask – why would anyone want to be a Catholic priest?Let these young men answer:Too often people focus on what priests don’t have (e.g., lots of money, wife, kids).But, it isn’t so much about what you are giving up, but what you are gain…
Humanum is an international interreligious colloquium on the complementarity of man and woman, which is going on right now at the Vatican. As part of the gathering, they have released some AMAZING videos over a number of days. I HIGHLY recommend this v…
Sometimes you might need a little encouragement.
Why not let the written Word of God help you out?
- “Cast all your anxieties on him, for he cares about you.” -1 Peter 5:7
- “For I know the plans I have for you, says the LORD, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.” -Jeremiah 29:11
- “Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.” -Romans 12:21
- “Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and do not rely on your own insight. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.” -Proverbs 3:5-6
- “Be strong and of good courage; be not frightened, neither be dismayed; for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go.”" -Joshua 1:9
- “He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.” -2 Corinthians 12:9
- “He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning nor crying nor pain any more, for the former things have passed away.” -Revelation 21:4
- “Be strong and of good courage, do not fear or be in dread of them: for it is the LORD your God who goes with you; he will not fail you or forsake you.” -Deuteronomy 31:6
- “For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.” -Romans 6:23
- “Lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust consumes and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.” -Matthew 6:20-21
- “Ask, and it will be given you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.” -Matthew 7:7
- “Thy word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.” -Psalm 119:105
- “Whoever drinks of the water that I shall give him will never thirst; the water that I shall give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life.” -John 4:14
- “The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.” -John 1:5
- “The LORD, your God, is in your midst, a warrior who gives victory; he will rejoice over you with gladness, he will renew you in his love; he will exult over you with loud singing” -Zephaniah 3:17
- “O taste and see that the LORD is good! Happy is the man who takes refuge in him!” -Psalm 34:8
- “They who wait for the LORD shall renew their strength, they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint.” -Isaiah 40:31
- “Fear not, for I am with you, be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my victorious right hand.” -Isaiah 41:10
- “We know that in everything God works for good with those who love him, who are called according to his purpose.” -Romans 8:28
- “So we do not lose heart. Though our outer nature is wasting away, our inner nature is being renewed every day. For this slight momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison, because we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen; for the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal.” -2 Corinthians 4:16-18
- “For I am sure that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.” -Romans 8:38-39
- “For we are God’s workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.” -Ephesians 2:10
- “No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your strength, but with the temptation will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it.” -1 Corinthians 10:13
- “Therefore, brethren, since we have confidence to enter the sanctuary by the blood of Jesus, by the new and living way which he opened for us through the curtain, that is, through his flesh, and since we have a great priest over the house of God, let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, with our hearts sprinkled clean from an evil conscience and our bodies washed with pure water. Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for he who promised is faithful;” -Hebrews 10:19-23
- “Count it all joy, my brethren, when you meet various trials, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.” -James 1:2-4
“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.” -Matthew 11:28
- “Be watchful, stand firm in your faith, be courageous, be strong.” -1 Corinthians 16:13
- “I will instruct you and teach you the way you should go; I will counsel you with my eye upon you.” -Psalm 32:8
“You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ died for the ungodly. Very rarely will anyone die for a righteous person, though for a good person someone might possibly dare to die. But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.” -Romans 5:6-8
- “Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. Let all men know your forbearance. The Lord is at hand. Have no anxiety about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which passes all understanding, will keep your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” -Philippians 4:4-7
- “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.” -John 3:16
- “Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.” -Romans 12:2
- “Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.” -John 14:6
“I can do everything through him who gives me strength.” -Philippians 4:13
“For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God” -Ephesians 2:8
“But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.” -Galatians 5:22-24
“I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.” -John 10:10
“Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.” -Phil 4:8
“If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.” -1 John 1:9
“But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed.” -Isaiah 53:5
“But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.” -Matthew 6:33
“Then God said, “Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth, and over all the creatures that move along the ground.”” -Genesis 1:26
“He came and preached peace to you who were far away and peace to those who were near. For through him we both have access to the Father by one Spirit.” -Ephesians 2:17
“Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!” -2 Cor 5:17
“I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” -John 16:33
“For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline.” -2 Timothy 1:7
“May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.” -Romans 15:13
“Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies”" -John 11:25
“The prayer of a righteous man is very powerful.” -James 5:16
“Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.” -John 14:27
20 Lies About Sex!Everybody is doing it. Wrong. Even if the sitcoms, commercials, music, and a lot of people you know are having sex, many still are not. The statistics say most people have sex before marriage, but that still doesn’t mean it is good fo…
This is truly diabolical. The Catholic Bishops of Kenya have released a statement that reads:Dear Kenyans, due to the direction the debate on the ongoing Tetanus Vaccine campaign in Kenya is taking, We, the Catholic Bishops, in fulfilling our prophetic…
A few days ago, my wife and I got into an argument about some silly little thing. I thought we were done with the issue, when it cropped up again the next day. I got upset and was not a very happy bald man. Of course, my wife also unhappy with me and honestly neither of had too many fond feelings about one another at the time. So, when we started to get ready to go to bed, there was still tension in the air. It was during this time my wife said, “do you want to pray”?
Honestly, I didn’t want to. When we are upset, agitated, angry, etc sometimes the last thing we want to do is pray. But, that is exactly what we need to do at those times.
We did end up praying and it certainly helped.
Our state of mind, situations in life, and emotions can all cause us to have very little desire to spend time in prayer. Since prayer is a relationship with God, and we are sinners, everyone will experience times of fervor and times where God seems distant. Every Christian, once they have prayed long enough, will experience times of both dryness and sweetness within prayer. But, our love for God, which can be expressed by use choosing to pray no matter how we feel about it at the time, shouldn’t merely depend on me getting something which feels good out of my prayer.
In every relationship there are going to be hard times. The same is true with our relationship with Jesus, which is founded upon prayer.
If I decided I was going to leave my wife because of an argument, I wouldn’t be a very good husband. The same is true if I stopped praying because I didn’t feel good about it. In that case, I wouldn’t be a very good disciple.
So, the next time you don’t feel like praying, do it anyway. I guarantee your Father in heaven will be happy with you when you choose to pray even though you struggle to do it. He isn’t looking for perfection, good feelings, or an easy prayer. He just wants a faithful heart – in good times and bad.
**15 Secrets to Transforming Your Prayer Life
**100 Catholic Ways To Pray
**11 Ways To Study And Pray With The Bible
**How To Get More Out of Mass?
**The Dos and Don’ts of Reading the Bible
**How To Have a Personal Relationship With Jesus
I know what it is like to be uncomfortable in my own skin. I also know what it is like to wrestle with my desires and yet still have a fondness for them at the same time. In fact, I don’t know of a single person who hasn’t had some kind of struggle wit…
Plugin by Social Author Bio