Accounting/Finance, FT Employee
Diocese of Metuchen (Piscataway, NJ)
We are seeking an Internal Auditor to conduct audits of the accounting and financial data and internal controls at the parishes, schools and cemeteries and within the diocesan center. This is a full-time, 35-hour work week position. The primary job responsibilities of this position include the following:
• Conduct field audits in assigned scope areas and in close coordination with fellow team members and the Director of Internal Audit.
• Identify risks and control gaps, evaluate effectiveness of operational and financial controls, and develop recommendations for process and control improvements.
• Prepare direct, professional and constructive audit reports that are factual, supported with root cause analysis, and that propose action plans which are pragmatic and actionable.
• Validate that corrective action was implemented through quarterly follow-up.
The ideal candidate will be able to understand quickly complex organizations and processes, effectively evaluate risks and internal controls of business operations, analyze efficiently financial statements and general ledgers to identify accounting gaps, have good organizational and communication skills (verbal and written), possess excellent interpersonal skills and be proficient in accounting/auditing knowledge. Also, ideal candidate will be self-motivated individual who can work effectively with teams as well as succeed independently.
Strong analytical, problem solving and math skills; strong financial analysis skills; strong interpersonal and communications skills; excellent PC skills; excellent project management skills with demonstrated ability to achieve audit objectives timely on multiple, complex projects running simultaneously. Candidate must possess a valid driver’s license and a reliable vehicle.
BA in Accounting or Finance; 1-3 years of accounting, auditing or business management experience; or an equivalent mix of education and experience. Internal audit experience a plus. (0)
Incoming search terms:
- diocese of metuchen auditor
- metuchen nj