This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
ATHLETICS ADMINISTRATIVE AND FINANCIAL SPECIALIST
Religious Education, FT Employee
Franciscan University of Steubenville (Steubenville, OH)
Hours: M-F – 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
The Athletics Administrative and Financial Specialist is essential for the successful daily operations of the athletic department. This position will manage the administrative and financial duties of the office, while promoting a climate conducive to hospitality and service.
1. Expense management including accounts receivable and accounts payable simultaneously in many different “live” revenue and expense accounts. Track the supply inventory for athletic office and individual team accounts.
2. Office administration including typing, answering phones, taking messages, email correspondence, faxing, processing daily mail, maintaining calendars and appointments, ordering supplies, welcoming and directing guests, and monthly purchasing reports for coaches and athletic office professional staff.
3. Interview and hire; train and supervise administrative/financial student assistants and process timesheets.
4. Assist with athletic department special projects and events, including: Baron Club Dinner, Community Days, athletics Awards Ceremony, Hall of Fame, University Days, etc.
This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list. Additional duties, expectations and responsibilities may be added or changed as needed to meet the University’s needs.
Must understand, support and embrace the mission of Franciscan University of Steubenville and possess the following:
Skills & Competencies:
1. Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
2. Knowledge of computers and email.
3. Familiarity with multi-line telephone system.
4. Secretarial skills including typing, note-taking, organizing, filing, etc.
5. Familiarity with office equipment including phones, copiers, printers, fax machines, and ability to troubleshoot.
1. Must strive to attain a high level of attention to detail, accuracy, appropriateness, and completeness in all aspects of the job.
2. Displays initiative; doesn’t wait to be told or asked to do something.
3. Sets clear expectations, milestones and decision-making parameters when delegating to others.
4. Demonstrates a clear understanding of the technical or functional skills required for the job.
5. Excellent verbal and written communication skills; able to formulate professional correspondence.
6. Effectively communicates with others, formally and informally. Relates well to others, is able to find common ground, and uses diplomacy and tact to diffuse high tension situations.
Education & Experience:
• Associate’s degree in financial-related field, Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Experience working with finances and budgets required
• Experience in office support or equivalent preferred
• Occasional after hours for major events or guests on campus
• Ability to attend seminars and conferences as needed
Candidates must submit a resume, a list of three references, and a cover letter which demonstrates their fit for the position based on their experience, accomplishments and skills as well as their desire to advance the mission of Franciscan University.
Please apply via email to: [email protected]
For other information and job postings, visit our website at www.franciscan.edu.
Franciscan University of Steubenville is committed to principles of equal opportunity and is an equal opportunity employer. (54)