This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
ATHLETIC MARKETING AND PROMOTIONS COORDINATOR
Education: Elementary, FT Employee
Saint Mary’s College of California (Moraga, CA)
Saint Mary’s College of California
Athletic Marketing & Promotions Coordinator
Closing Date/Time: Thu. 01/03/13 11:59 PM Pacific Time
Salary: Depends on Qualifications
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: Main Campus, 1928 Saint Mary’s Road, Moraga, CA 94556, California
Founded in 1863, Saint Mary’s is a residential campus nestled 20 miles east of San Francisco in the picturesque Moraga Valley. Based in the Catholic, Lasallian and Liberal Arts traditions, Saint Mary’s currently enrolls more than 4,000 students from diverse backgrounds in undergraduate and graduate programs. The De La Salle Christian Brothers, the largest teaching order of the Roman Catholic Church, guide the spiritual and academic character of the College.
As a comprehensive and independent institution, Saint Mary’s offers undergraduate and graduate programs integrating liberal and professional education. Saint Mary’s reputation for excellence, innovation and responsiveness in education stems from its vibrant heritage as a Catholic, Lasallian and Liberal Arts institution. An outstanding, committed faculty and staff that value shared inquiry, integrative learning and student interaction bring these traditions to life in the 21st century. The College is committed to the educational benefits of diversity.
Responsible for designing, coordinating, implementing, and evaluating a comprehensive athletic promotions plan to include but not limited to, games and events, half-time entertainment, special events, ticket sales, and speaking engagements for staff. The position provides leadership for the student spirit club (Gael Force), Sports Band, and Spirit Team, and coordinates with community members, alumni, donors, and other constituencies that are targeted for marketing and promotional efforts.
1. Prepare and submit annual promotions plan to the Assistant Athletic Director for Marketing and Promotions. Implement plans as approved. This plan will include collaborative efforts from working relationships with the Offices of Development, Institutional Marketing, Alumni, Community Relations, Student Activities, and Business.
2. Provide leadership for the Spirit Team and Sports Band and evaluate and supervise the positions of Spirit Team Director and Sports Band Director.
3. Create, build, and enhance student interest in intercollegiate athletic events through initiating and supporting Gael Force, and facilitating communication with ASSMC and other student groups.
4. Create and implement game and event promotions and schedule appearances by bands, dance groups, spirit team, sports band, other performers, and fan support groups.
5. Prepare game scripts, hire and prepare public address announcer, hire game day staff.
6. Design and produce promotional materials, including posters, flyers, schedule cards, schedule magnets, and other promotional pieces. Distribute promotional pieces to appropriate publics
Experience and Qualifications:
Required: Bachelor’s Degree Preferred: Master’s Degree
2 Years Experience
Computer skills, excellent writter and verbal skills, ability to use Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator, knowledgeable Social Media skills.
Other: Weekend and evening work.
Application Instructions: Please apply on-line at http://tinyurl.com/bcttqku
1) Include a cover letter that specifically addresses how you meet the qualifications and are prepared to support the mission of the College
2) A resume
3) The name and contact information for three (3) professional references. Candidates who become finalists will be expected to sign a consent authorizing a broader inquiry which may include reference checks, a motor vehicle check, and a third party background check.
Saint Mary’s is an equal employment opportunity employer. We support inclusive excellence and are committed to creating a safe and welcoming community for all.
Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act of 1998, and the Campus Sex Crimes Prevention Act
In person: Department of Public Safety, Administrative Office, Assumption Hall: or by or by Mail or Telephone Request: Department of Public Safety, P.O. Box 3111, Moraga, CA 94575-3111 (925) 631-4052.
In addition, as provided by the Campus Sex Crimes Prevention Act, the Contra Costa County Sheriff’s Office maintains a Megan’s Law database of sex crime offenders, which information may be obtained from the Sheriff’s office located at 500 Court Street, Martinez, Monday-F (152)
Incoming search terms:
- marketing coordinator saint marys college