This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
ASSOCIATE YOUTH MINISTER
Youth Ministry, PT Employee
Our Lady of the Wayside (Arlington Heights, IL)
Associate Youth Minister-Part Time (20 hours per week)
Our Lady of the Wayside is seeking an individual both passionate for the Lord and for passing on the faith to youth in a dynamic setting for the position of Associate Youth Minister (AYM). OLW is a very active community with a vibrant Youth Ministry. The AYM will support an already established Jr. & Sr. High Youth Ministry.
The AYM will work in conjunction with the Director of Youth Ministry and a dedicated network of volunteer servant-leaders, both adults and teens.
1. Co-plan the content and schedule of the high school Peer Ministry Nights (three Sundays a month). Assist with the leading of these evenings including a specific small group.
2. Plan the content and schedule of the jr. high Peer Council/Service Afternoons (three Thursdays a month). Co-lead these afternoons with the DYM.
3. List-out all prep needed for these events that will be accomplished by our wonderful volunteers, teen servant-leaders and adult mentors.
4. Play an active role in building relationships with our inspirational teens. Be committed to praying for the youth every day.
5. Send out summary emails to our parents as well as follow-up teen communications.
1. Meet with the Director of Youth Ministry once a week for planning and visioning,
2. Assist with periodic special events such as Teen Overnighters, NCYC, Parish Service Day, etc.
1. Can be flexible and may focus primarily on events such as weeklong Summer Mission Trip and Jr. High 4-day away summer camp (Camp WOW).
Applicants would report to the Director of Youth Ministry at the discretion of the pastor, Father Ed Fialkowski. Experience in youth ministry or catholic youth education is strongly preferred. Candidate will be greatly supported by the DYM yet needs to be self-motivated, creative and have a heart for our amazing youth.
Ideal start date is October 1st. We hope to fill this position as soon as possible but will also wait for the right candidate. Please send resume and three references to Kevin O’Connell: [email protected] (372)
Incoming search terms:
- arlington heights illinois