This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
ASSOCIATE LOCATION MANAGER
Management, FT Employee
Catholic Funeral and Cemetery Services (Pleasanton, CA)
The Associate Location Manager is a new role, designed to be a training position, preparing to take on the leadership of a funeral and/or cemetery location at the appropriate time.
Location Managers are committed to meeting the goals and objectives of CFCS. They are to plan, organize, coordinate and manage the sales, service, administration and grounds activities of a particular Cemetery and/or Funeral Center. Additionally, they are responsible for coordinating and supporting a harmonious interaction between the Sales, Funeral and Cemetery personnel. Location Managers are required to conduct themselves in a professional manner to promote a cooperative, service-oriented work environment. Location Managers report to the Associate Director for the diocese.
During the training phase (expected to be 3-6 months), the Associate Location Manager will interact significantly with the Client Director of our management services company, Catholic Management Services (“CMS”), and their team. CMS will guide the on-boarding and training of future Location Managers for CFCS.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Training Participation (Associate phase)
• Participate actively in developing the skills of a future location leader for CFCS
• Attend and participate in scheduled training events
• Accept mentorship while on a rotational program through a number of locations
• Develop a broad set of skills, serving in each major role in a cemetery and/or funeral location, as permitted by rules and regulations
After placement in a leadership role:
Management and Coaching
• Conduct Team Meetings once per week. Provide coaching to team on meeting objectives and successes.
• Participate in family arrangements twice per week. Provide skip-level coaching to Counselors on presentation, process and to reinforce successes.
• Participate in funeral services once per week. Provide feedback on services and process, coach towards opportunities to improve satisfaction.
• Observe telephone interactions of each Counselor at least once per month, Provide reinforcement of expected behaviors on an informal basis.
• Review facilities at least weekly, taking note of conditions and preparing recommendations. Participate regularly in Ops Team Meetings.
Outreach / Diocesan Ambassador
• Provide leadership as the face of CFCS in the diocese, including leading major events
• Attempt to be the ultimate point of resolution for conflicts with families
• Assist the Outreach Manager with making connections in high-priority parishes
• Attend one or more Outreach events per quarter and provide coaching to Outreach Manager on objectives and successes of the event.
• Provide semi-annual performance reviews for each direct report, including development plans
• Create and maintain a team talent assessment, including promotion paths
• Maintain a regular cadence of coaching opportunities with direct reports and staff
• Coach direct reports in the performance reviews of their teams, as appropriate
• Preside over town hall meetings and team learning events at least quarterly
• Schedule quarterly training events for staff with the assistance of CMS
• Participate actively in the hiring and on-boarding of new employees
Administration / Operations
• Prepare, present and maintain annual operating/capital budgets
• Contribute to developing sales targets for each commissioned employee
• Work with the CMS Client Director on maintaining a Master Schedule of major initiatives and projects
• Prepare and submit monthly performance report to Associate Director / Client Director
• Assure compliance with legal and safety requirements, CFCS policies and Church directives
• Four year college degree required
• Experience managing a team successfully
• Excellent written and verbal skills; must be comfortable with public speaking
• A high level of integrity; must be comfortable as role model for staff
• Passion and energy for contributing to the growth of CFCS and educating the community within the Diocese of Oakland
• Ability and comfort interacting with a broad range of constituents (priests, staff, faith community, parish staff, etc.)
• Demonstrated high level of leadership, customer service skills, business planning, and relationship building
• Self-motivated and directed with a high degree of flexibility (204)