This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT
Fundraising, FT Employee
Diocese of Palm Beach (Palm Beach Gardens, FL)
Description: The Associate Director of Development directs the development, coordination and implementation of the annual Diocesan Services Appeal (DSA) which funds the ministries and services of the Diocese of Palm Beach in southeastern Florida. The Associate Director also manages donor records, data collection and processing services as well as assisting the Director of Development with stewardship and development programs within diocesan institutions and parishes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manages all aspects of the Diocesan Services Appeal on an annual basis, including the planning and implementation of communications, fundraising methodologies, donor events, vendor relations, and gift and data processing management.
• Manages and supervises all aspects of the Raiser’s Edge database, including setting up programs, user tools, tracking systems, mailing lists, coding, campaigns, funds, appeals and records.
• Assists the director with designing and implementing development programs for the diocese, including planned giving, major gifts, major donor events, capital campaigns and parish offertory enhancement programs.
• Establishes and maintains appropriate Constituent Relationship management (CRM) records for the annual appeal and other diocesan development efforts.
• Creates and presents various reports, analysis, and queries pertaining to the annual appeal and fundraising activities of the office.
• Establishes and maintains effective communication networks to keep parishes and institutions informed, encouraged and participating in Diocesan Services Appeal and diocesan development activities/events.
• Develops, fosters and maintains relationships with diocesan pastors, clergy, heads of institutions, business managers and stewardship personnel.
• Attends development and stewardship-related conferences for ongoing professional development.
• Fulfills administrative duties as needed.
This is a sampling of duties. Other tasks, responsibilities and duties may be assigned as needed.
• Bachelors degree
• 7 + years of progressively responsible experience with secular or church development, or related experience.
• Must have the ability to present and exemplify Catholic teaching regarding development and stewardship.
• Should posses leadership ability and initiative, be a self-starter and proactive individual.
• Successful, proven experience of Raiser’s Edge 7.
• Must have strong written and public speaking skills, excellent organizational and analytical skills and be able to multi-task, set priorities and allocate time.
• Must be able to manage processing staff and vendor relations.
• Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed.
• Ability for travel to all regions of diocese and periodic regional/national conferences.
• A valid driver’s license and use of one’s personal automobile for local travel.
• Proficiency in MS Office Suite, including Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet.
• Excellent and professional telephone manner, interpersonal skills, confidentiality.
• Ability to work effectively with Diocesan employees, departments heads, representatives of other agencies and the general public.
• Ability to multi-task, work independently and make responsible judgment calls.
• Ability to respect confidentiality and consistently exercise discretion and good business judgment.
• Occasional light lifting and carrying of under 15 pounds
• Occasional moderate carrying and lifting of 15 – 44 pounds
• Frequent use both hands and fingers (i.e. typing)
• Frequent extended periods of sitting
• Occasional periods of standing, kneeling and climbing
• Occasional ability of minimal hearing (i.e. loud noises, sirens) and routine hearing (i.e. listening to others in conversation)
• Occasional time spent working closely with others
For more information about our Diocese, please visit our website at http://www.diocesepb.org
For consideration, please send resume and cover letter to [email protected]
Salary requirements and references must be included for consideration. (220)
Incoming search terms:
- Associate Director of Development diocese of palm beach
- catholic church fundraising in florida
- Diocese Annual Appeal Regional Chair Responsibilities
- diocese of palm beach capital campaign changing our world
- palm beach diocese response to intervention