This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT
Fundraising, FT Employee
Diocese of Charlotte (Charlotte, NC)
POSITION TITLE: Associate Director of Development
REPORTS TO: Director of Development – Diocese of Charlotte
POSITION SUMMARY: The Associate Director of Development is responsible for the planning, organization and supervision of the Diocesan Parish Stewardship Efforts, the annual Diocesan Support Appeal, the Priests’ Retirement Collection, the two Combined Collections and the Development Office’s communication efforts.
SUPERVISES: Secretaries hired for upkeep of the database.
RELATES TO: Pastors
Parish Stewardship Committee
Catholic School Principals and teachers
DFF’s/CFF’s and catechists
Diocesan Support Appeal volunteers and donors.
1. Directs and has primary responsibility for organizing, managing and executing the Diocesan Stewardship Effort. This includes working with the pastors and parish leaders who are implementing first time or renewal stewardship efforts.
2. Provides assistance to stewardship committees in implementing the stewardship effort and sustaining it on an on-going basis.
3. Provides training for lay witness presenters for the implementation and renewal of the stewardship process
4. Provides assistance to those in religious education (schools and Faith Formation Programs) in fostering stewardship in the lives of our youth.
5. Develops an on-going awareness program for those parishes who have not yet undertaken a stewardship effort.
6. Responsible for the communication efforts of the Office of Development, including but not limited to a bi-monthly Stewardship Bulletin, annual stewardship brochures, articles for the CNH, web communications.
7. Directs and has primary responsibility for all aspects of the Diocesan Support Appeal. This includes working with pastors and parish leaders to implement a personalized approach to the DSA in parishes needing assistance.
8. Has primary responsibility for the Office of Development and the Opportunities for Giving pages on the diocesan website.
9. Has primary responsibility for the upkeep of the Blackbaud Net Community donation pages for the online giving for DSA, MACS Education Foundation, TRIAD Schools Education Foundation, Campus Ministry, Eucharistic Congress, and Friend to Seminarians.
10. Has primary responsibility of writing grants requesting funds for diocesan ministries and parishes from Catholic Church Extension Society and Black and Indian Mission Office.
11. Has the primary responsibility for the diocesan combined collection program. This includes serving as primary contact for the Diocese of Charlotte to the Office of National Collections of the USCCB, and updating the national office regarding our diocesan second collection schedule.
12. Has primary responsibility for the Priests’ Retirement and Benefits annual diocesan collection.
13. Responsible for overseeing the maintenance of the diocesan database.
1. Participates in staff training and development activities as directed.
2. Performs other duties as required.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
1. A Bachelor degree in Marketing, Communications, or a related field, and a minimum of 5 years experience in fundraising/stewardship and marketing.
2. Skill required to: plan, organize, and coordinate fundraising activities; create and produce brochures and written materials from design to distribution; communicate effectively orally and in writing; provide liaison to diocesan and regional boards and committees; and provide public relations; work effectively with staff, volunteers, and the public; prepare and present reports.
3. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office programs, including MS Word, MS Publisher, MS PowerPoint.
4. Must have a good working knowledge of Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT: Responsibilities of the Associate Director of Development involve travel and work beyond the regularly scheduled workday. (463)
Incoming search terms:
- charlotte catholic Huffington
- asjob description associate director catholic ministries annual appeal
- charlotte catholic development
- diocesan support appeal of charlotte nc charlotte