This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT
Marketing/Advertising, FT Employee
Catholic Charities of Central Texas (Austin, TX)
Catholic Charities of Central Texas only accepts online applications. To apply, please visit our website http://ccctx.iapplicants.com/searchjobs.php
Catholic Charities is a religious organization founded by the Catholic Diocese of Austin to provide direct social services to those in need. It is related to but separate from the diocese. Catholic Charities helps the Bishop of Austin fulfill Christ’s mission in Central Texas. Some positions employed in Catholic Charities of Central Texas help to extend the ministry of the Catholic Church in particular ways as outlined in the job description. Therefore, the Catholic Charities of Central Texas employee in this position is related to and assists the Catholic Church in the performance of its ministry and thereby engages in ministry for the church.
The Associate Director of Development is responsible for the organization based formalized fund development model and marketing strategy that assures adequate funding for agency operations, services, programs and special projects. Also promotes the organization within the community to ensure a broad base of funding resources. The position is formally supervised by the Director of Advancement and has wide latitude for the use of independent judgment and initiative.
Essential Job Duties:
• Implement all established and new activities pertaining to financial development including but not limited to programs for planned and annual giving, major gifts, matching gifts, endowments, bequests and capital campaigns.
• Implement strategies for identifying, cultivating, and engaging prospective donors.
• Analyze demographic and statistical donor data to assist in future solicitation planning.
• Personally solicits gifts from foundations, corporations, community organizations and selected individuals.
• Implement the identified plan for donor recognition, retention, renewal and up-grade. Responds to donor concerns and requests. Implement programs to identify prospective contributors and cultivate major donors.
• Participate in special event fund raisers.
• Cultivate positive relationships with relevant funding entities, faith based organizations, social service providers, and other community partners.
• Establish internal networks in order to build professional relationships with colleagues, understand the work and needs of the programs, and stay abreast of current issues within the agency’s programs.
• Ensure compliance with funding and donor designations and agency quality assurance standards.
• Participate as an active team member of Catholic Charities.
• Maintain a work schedule that maximizes availability to staff and customers.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge of fundraising practices, procedures and philosophies.
• Knowledge of grant writing.
• Skills in presenting ideas and concepts to stakeholders.
• Skills in proof reading and editing.
• Ability to manage volunteers and special events.
• Ability to use Microsoft Office, fundraising software packages, spreadsheets, and database programs.
• Ability to travel regularly throughout the Diocese of Austin.
• Ability to work effectively with diverse populations, including low-income persons and other disadvantaged persons.
• Ability to conformably work in a faith-based environment.
• Ability to organize, prioritize, and utilize effective time management techniques to meet deadlines.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.
• Ability to follow instructions furnished in verbal or written format.
Education and Trainings:
• Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, non-profit management or related field of study from an accredited American college or university or equivalent in a foreign country.
• 2 (two) years of full time wage earning experience in sales and marketing experience; or
• 2 (two) years of full time wage earning experience in a donor cultivation and securing financial support.
• Bilingual English-Spanish preferred, but not required.
• Valid Texas driver’s license.
• Must be certified in Diocese of Austin EIM within 60 days of employment, and maintain certification throughout the employment period. (100)