This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR FOR YOUTH AND YOUNG ADULT MINISTRIES
Youth Ministry, FT Employee
Catholic Diocese of Baton Rouge (Baton Rouge, LA)
The Associate Director for Youth and Young Adult Ministries:
• works within the Office of Evangelization & Catechesis of the Catholic Diocese of Baton Rouge;
• seeks to foster within all young people and those who minister to them a deeper, life-giving relationship with Jesus and the Church;
• works with the Director to provide the vision and leadership necessary to serve parish youth and young adult ministry efforts in a culturally diverse church, according to the goals and objectives outlined in the United States Catholic Bishops’ documents Renewing the Vision and Sons and Daughters of the Light, thus seeking to reflect the New Evangelization; and,
• directly responsible for the direction of all youth and young adult activity
Education and Experience Requirements
• Master’s degree in Theology, Pastoral Ministry, Religious Education or a related field required.
• Minimum of two years direct experience at the parish or diocesan level working with youth ministry programs, adolescents, young adults, and adults who minister to youth.
• National certification in Youth Ministry preferred.
• Demonstrated knowledge of the United States Catholic Bishops’ document “Renewing the Vision” and pertinent documents and their application in ministry with young people in the United States is required.
• Due to the nature of this position, it is required that the incumbent be a practicing Roman Catholic who is registered and active in a parish and possesses a working knowledge of Catholic teachings and doctrine.
• Ability to relate to the catechizing and evangelizing component of youth ministry in collaboration with the Office of Evangelization & Catechesis.
• Ability to exercise good judgment in handling difficult and/or sensitive situations, with ability to maintain strict level of confidentiality and discretion as required by diocesan policy and legal requirements.
• Ability to effectively recruit, train, and support the youth, young adults, adults who minister to young people, and parishes/schools of the Diocese of Baton Rouge.
• Ability to develop, plan, coordinate, and implement training programs to teach leadership skills
• Ability to teach, facilitate online courses, and train others to facilitate online coursework.
• Technological, organizational, analytical, and problem solving skills required.
• Strong knowledge and understanding of the Charter for the Protection of Young People.
• Large-scale event planning, record keeping/administration and attention to detail required.
• Requires working weekends and evenings regularly.
Please submit letter of interest, resume, and references to [email protected] – Application Deadline is August 2, 2013. (397)
Incoming search terms:
- associate director for youth and young adult ministries of baton rouge
- baton rouge new evangelization ministries
- Catholic Diocese Baton Rouge LA
- Catholic of Baton Rouge
- catholic young adult ministry baton rouge
- Diocesan Youth Conference Baton Rouge La
- minister lori swain baton rouge la
- Young Adult Ministry and Baton Rouge