Management, FT Employee
Catholic Funeral and Cemetery Services of Spokane (Spokane, WA)
The Associate Director is committed to meeting the goals and objectives of CFCS and the Diocese of Spokane, which include, but are not limited to: growing the cemetery and funeral ministry, provide first class customer service and educate the faith community on end of life options. The Associate Director will initially develop deep knowledge of each facet of the business and will focus on the following four areas: execution of the business plan, leadership and management, external relationships, and customer service.
The position will also contribute through leadership to build stronger processes, continuous development of staff, and maintain the highest level of service to families. The primary objective is to develop, monitor, and evaluate the delivery of services; driving continuous improvement of customer service throughout the organization while meeting assigned revenue and ministry expectations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Management and Coaching
• Conduct a Monthly Operating Review, focused on strategic initiatives and talent assessment.
• Conduct Team Meetings once per week. Provide coaching to team on meeting objectives and successes.
• Participate in family arrangements twice per month. Provide skip-level coaching to Counselors on presentation, process and reinforce successes.
• Participate in funeral services once per month. Provide feedback on services and process, coach towards opportunities to improve performance.
• Observe telephone interactions of each Counselor at least once per month, Provide informal reinforcement of expected behaviors on an informal basis.
• Review facilities at least monthly, taking note of conditions and preparing recommendations. Participate in at least one Ops Team Meeting monthly.
Outreach / Diocesan Ambassador
• Provide leadership as the face of CFCS in the diocese, including leading major events.
• Attempt to be the ultimate point of resolution for conflicts with families.
• Assist the Outreach Manager with making connections in the high-priority parishes.
• Attend one or more Outreach events per quarter. Provide coaching to Outreach Manager on objectives and successes of the event.
• Provide semi-annual performance reviews for each direct report, including development plans.
• Provide quarterly performance reviews for each Family Service Counselor and Funeral Directors
• Create and maintain a team talent assessment, including promotion paths.
• Maintain a regular cadence of coaching opportunities with direct reports and staff.
• Coach direct reports in the performance reviews of their teams.
• Preside over town hall meetings and team learning events at least quarterly.
• Schedule quarterly training events for staff in coordination with Client Director.
• Provide a high level of involvement with the hiring and on-boarding of new employees
Administration / Operations
• Prepare, present and maintain annual operating/capital budgets, by location.
• Develop sales targets for each commissioned employee.
• Work with the CMS Client Director on maintaining a Master Schedule of major initiatives and projects. Ensure that direct reports and vendors are meeting their obligations.
• Prepare and submit monthly performance report to CMS / Client Director
• Assure compliance with legal and safety requirements, cfcs policies and Church directives
• Four year college degree required
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills along with presentation skills
• Demonstrated high integrity and trust; must be comfortable as role model for staff
• Passion and energy for contributing to the growth of CFCS and educating the community within the Diocese of Spokane
• Ability to interact effectively with a broad range of constituents (priests, staff, faith community, parish staff, etc.)
• Demonstrated high level of leadership, customer service skills, business planning, and relationship building
• Self-motivated and directed with a high degree of flexibility (0)
Incoming search terms:
- catholic funeral cemetery services of spokane
- catholic funeral and cemetery services of spokane
- catholic funeral spokane wa
- catholic funeral spokane
- catholic funeral and cemetery services Spokane
- Catholic Funeral and Cemetery Services Spokane Washington
- Catholic funeral services spokane
- diocese of spokane catholic cemeteries