This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR, BISHOP HELMSING INSTITUTE
Religious Education, FT Employee
Diocese of Kansas City – St. Joseph (Kansas City, MO)
Click here to apply: https://app.hireology.com/s/18475
Position Title: Associate Director, Bishop Helmsing Institute
The Bishop Helmsing Institute exists to provide comprehensive, highly accessible, culturally relevant adult continuing education in the Catholic faith which leads either to catechetical certification, or lifelong adult faith formation. The Associate Director will research and write curriculum and teach students at site locations throughout the Diocese, and will assist the Director in a variety of planning and supervisory tasks.
• Planning, researching and writing adult faith formation curriculum and supporting materials according to a sequential three year plan.
• Teaching adult faith formation classes at a variety of sites throughout the diocese. Classes are daytime, evenings and weekends and include intensive all day formats.
• Develop, implement and oversee the success of online classes.
• Recruit, schedule and supervise adjunct instructors as needed.
• Assist in organizing and facilitating regular support meetings for diocesan DRE’s.
• Supervise the Bishop Helmsing Bookstore
• Correspond and communicate with prospective and enrolled students by email and phone. Collect registration data and payments from students; keep records.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Display excellent teaching methods and have knowledge of catechetical processes, and ecclesial documents.
• Thorough knowledge of Sacred Scripture and Catholic doctrine.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Team worker, able to develop materials that may be used by adjunct instructors.
• Ability to work under supervision and independently.
• Demonstrate ongoing commitment to self-development and education in both theological understanding and teaching methods.
Enthusiastic love for the Church, faithful obedience to the Magisterium, practicing a strong spiritual life.
Master’s Degree in Catholic Theology, Scripture or Pastoral Studies.
Five (5) years teaching experience, adult students preferred.
Intermediate skills in MS Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Some experience with blogging, and with basic website maintenance.
Ethical standards, personal integrity, and conduct consistent with the morals and teachings of the Catholic Church.
Written/spoken Spanish language skills.
The Diocese of Kansas City – St. Joseph offers a total compensation package that includes a base salary, health benefits, paid time off, and a 403(b) defined benefit Pension plan. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Click here to apply: https://app.hireology.com/s/18475 (336)