This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
ASSOCIATE COORDINATOR: HISPANIC MINISTRY
Other, FT Employee
Archdiocese of Detroit (Detroit, MI)
The Associate Coordinator for Hispanic Ministries will serve as support to the Department of Evangelization, Catechesis & Schools in order to assure that our Hispanic brothers and sisters within the Archdiocese are welcomed, cared for, evangelized and transformed into intentional disciples of Jesus Christ. Working closely with the Associate Director for Hispanic Ministry, the coordinator will focus among other things on strengthening our parish’s outreach to Hispanics in general, and in particular to Hispanic immigrants, migrant farmworkers, and prisoners.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND TASKS REQUIRED BY THIS JOB
1. Familiarity with the USCCB documents concerning Hispanic Ministry and outreach, such as, but not limited to those listed below, and be able to work with the different areas within the Office for Evangelization and Catechesis to implement and incorporate these various principles into areas of formation and evangelization:
i)U.S. Catholic Bishops, National Pastoral Plan for Hispanic Ministry (1987)
ii)Communion and Mission: A Guide for Bishops and Pastoral Leaders on Small Church.
iii)Welcoming the Stranger Among Us: Unity in Diversity (2000)
iv)Encuentro and Mission: A Renewed Pastoral Framework for Hispanic Ministry (2002)
v)Archdiocese of Detroit “Pastoral Plan for Hispanic Ministry” (2004).
2. Serve as a resource to the Offices of Evangelization & Catechesis, Catholic Schools, Family Life, Youth and Young Adult, and other relevant central services departments.
3. Serve as a resource to parishes as needed, with a special focus on helping identify parishes that need to start or strengthen their ministry to the Hispanic population.
4. Assist as needed in the coordination of different Hispanic conferences (e.g., Hispanic Men’s Conference, Hispanic Women’s Conference).
5. Have a particular focus on Hispanic immigrant issues, as well as ministry to migrant farmworkers, and prisoners.
6. Assist in encouraging a practical pastoral de conjunto among the Agentes Pastorales, that is, the priests and pastoral ministers serving in the Hispanic Ministry.
7. Assist in forming a Hispanic Advisory Committee composed of the Agentes Pastorales to act as a “sounding board” for all matters related to the Hispanic Ministry.
8. Serve on various committees and task forces as needed with a focus on making Hispanic Ministry an integral part of Vicariate Pastoral Planning.
9. Work in collaboration with the different areas within the Office of Evangelization and Catechesis to develop materials that are not only sensitive to the needs of the Hispanics within the Archdiocese, but which also:
i)Promotes a model of Church that is evangelizing, communal, and missionary.
ii)Is committed to promoting leadership among the Hispanic population
iii)Is rooted, in the reality of the Hispanic people
10. Provide regular reports to the Associate Director for Hispanic Ministry and the Director of the Dept of Evangelization, Catechesis & Schools, as well as the Episcopal Liaison. Information will cover areas listed below (but not limited to):
i)Initiatives being undertaken or discontinued
ii)Recommendations for improvements, areas of collaboration, areas of concern
iii)Issues or areas in need of clarification
•B.A. in theology, pastoral ministry, religious studies, or related field.
•At least 5 years working with the Hispanic population in a ministerial/parish setting.
•Must be Roman Catholic with a working knowledge of Catholic teaching and organizational operation.
•Must be a Catholic in good standing who embraces and transmits the teachings of the church on matters of faith and morals.
•Ability to collaborate and work well with other people in advancing the mission of the Archbishop to share Christ in and through the Church.
•Good organizational, multi-tasking and communication skills necessary.
•Must be willing to take an Oath of Confidentiality and be able to maintain strict confidentiality handling highly sensitive material.
•Must have the ability to travel throughout the Archdiocese of Detroit.
•Proficient in Microsoft Office.
•Bilingual and bicultural. (130)
Incoming search terms:
- detroit archdiocese
- www archdiocese of detroit