This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
ASSISTANT TO THE PRESIDENT
Clerical/Administrative, FT Employee
Christendom College (Front Royal, VA)
Christendom College is seeking an Executive Assistant to the President beginning April 2013.
The Assistant to the President provides administrative support to the President and the Board of Directors. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the management of the President’s appointments, calendar, speaking engagements, and travel, as well as the management of all correspondence for the Office of the President.
Requirements: The successful candidate will possess:
• a deep desire to support the mission of Christendom College
Christendom College is a Catholic coeducational college institutionally committed to the Magisterium of the Roman Catholic Church. The College provides a Catholic liberal arts education, including an integrated core curriculum grounded in natural and revealed truth, the purpose of which at both the undergraduate and graduate levels is to form the whole person for a life spent in the pursuit of truth and wisdom. Intrinsic to such an education is the formation of moral character and the fostering of the spiritual life. This education prepares students for their role as faithful, informed, and articulate members of Christ’s Church and society. The particular mission of Christendom College, both at the undergraduate and graduate levels, is “to restore all things in Christ,” by forming men and women to contribute to the Christian renovation of the temporal order. This mission gives Christendom College its name.
• excellent oral and written communication skills;
• the ability to handle information with complete confidentiality;
• the ability to plan, prioritize, organize, and carry out multiple projects;
• proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel;
• excellent organizational, interpersonal, and secretarial skill;
• a college degree and with two to three years experience in administrative support.
• the ability to handle with facility and professionalism a wide variety of people from both the College’s internal constituencies (Board, faculty, staff, students, alumni, donors) and the external general public.
If interested, please email your resume and a cover letter to [email protected] and complete the Christendom College Job Application found here (http://www.christendom.edu/about/employment.php). Please email Job Application to [email protected] or US mail to address given on the Application Form. (510)