This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
Education: Middle/High School, FT Employee
St. Catherine of Siena Academy (Wixom, MI)
The Assistant Principal provides assistance to the school principal in the evaluation and modification of the instructional programs. The Assistant Principal supports the Principal in providing a safe and secure learning environment for students and staff. The Assistant Principal supports the Principal in implementing the school vision for forming young women who are confident in their identity as women, prepared to be leaders, and equipped to bring the good news of the gospel into the family, the workplace, and every aspect of the culture.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
• Responsible for assisting in the general supervision of all school activities involving students, staff and other school personnel.
• Assist in establishing and maintaining academic accreditation
• Assist in supervising the instructional program of the school as well as providing instructional leadership
• Assist in the implementation of school wide plans that establish a safe and orderly environment that promotes student self-discipline and character development
• Assist in determining and implementing school organization, student placement, evaluation, and service and programs to meet the needs of individual students
• Assist in caring out admissions procedures in accord with school policy.
• Assist in providing for a well-rounded array of extracurricular activities and service opportunities in keeping with the Academy’s mission.
• Assist in with compliance of archdiocesan policies and state laws.
• Communicate effectively and promote good morale among faculty, parents and students.
• Assist in preparing and maintaining academic records and school statistics as appropriate.
• Other duties and responsibilities that may be assigned by the Principal from time to time.
• Must be a practicing Catholic with a vision for transforming Catholic education
• Bachelors Degree required, MA preferred, in Education
• MA or Licentiate in Theology preferred
• State Department of Education Administrator’s certificate (Michigan or other state recognized by the Michigan Department of Education)
• 3+ years experience as a high school administrator
• Demonstrated commitment to Catholic education
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Familiarity with and enthusiasm for Catholic teaching on the theology of the body, the new evangelization, and the “feminine genius”
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This job will have varying work schedule with periodic long hours. While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 10 pounds. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 25 pounds and up to 50 pounds. The vision requirements include: close vision and ability to adjust focus.
Please send cover letter, resume and references to:
St. Catherine of Siena Academy
Attn: Nancy Klupacs
28200 Napier Road
Wixom, MI 48393
For additional information visit our website at www.saintcatherineacademy.org (210)
Incoming search terms:
- st catherine of siena
- st catherine of siena wixom mi
- Assistant Principal St Catherine of Siena Academy
- Catholic School Punishment
- how to implement a school wide discipline plan
- st catherine academy wixom
- Teaching high schoolers good communication skills