This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
ASSISTANT PRINCIPAL FOR ACADEMIC AFFAIRS
Education: Middle/High School, FT Employee
Cardinal O’Hara High School (Philadelphia, PA)
ARCHDIOCESE OF PHILADELPHIA
222 North Seventeenth Street • Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19103-1299
Telephone: 215-587-3734 • OFFICE OF CATHOLIC EDUCATION
High School Administrator Opening – Archdiocese of Philadelphia
Assistant Principal for Academic Affairs Cardinal O’Hara High School
Please Post on Wednesday, February 26, 2014
The Archdiocese of Philadelphia, Office of Catholic Education, seeks a dynamic, innovative, results-driven leader for Assistant Principal for Academic Affairs at Cardinal O’Hara High School. The position awaits the energetic, visionary leader who demonstrates a strong commitment to Catholic education, exceptional leadership skills, and positive experience leading a high performing school.
The candidate must possess the skills and ability to motivate and evaluate teachers, use data to drive continuous school improvement, drive academic program innovation and engage the broader community in marketing and recruitment efforts.
Candidates for leadership positions within the Archdiocese of Philadelphia Secondary Schools will find great opportunity for learning and growth within the recently redesigned management and operational structure of the organization. School leaders ready to transform Catholic education in the Philadelphia region are welcome to apply.
Administrator candidates should possess a Master’s degree from an accredited college/university with a concentration in educational administration. Pennsylvania Principal Certification and administrative or supervisory experience are desired where applicable.
Candidates interested in the position of Assistant Principal for Academic Affairs should send their cover letter, resume, and transcripts to Mr. James Molnar, HR Manager for Secondary Schools at The Office of Catholic Education Archdiocese of Philadelphia, 222 North Seventeenth St. Philadelphia, PA 19103 or [email protected] The deadline for application is March 21, 2014.
Interviews will be granted to the most qualified applicants. Applicants must be practicing Catholics as verified by the pastor of the parish in which the applicant is registered. PA required clearances and official transcripts will be required before employment can begin. The Office of Catholic Education may waive qualifications relating to experience and education if such a waiver is warranted by other considerations.
ASSISTANT PRINCIPAL FOR ACADEMIC AFFAIRS JOB DESCRIPTION
The Assistant Principal for Academic Affairs is appointed by the Office of Catholic Education upon the recommendation of the President who consults with the school’s Principal.
The Assistant Principal for Academic Affairs is directly responsible to the Principal and assists in the daily operation of the school’s academic programs, its development and supervision of faculty, and its student academic placement and progress.
The Assistant Principal for Academic Affairs:
• cooperates with the Principal in integrating the Catholic Faith and culture into the school’s entire program
• works in an advisory and cooperative capacity with other members of the administration and the school minister
• has ex-officio membership on boards and committees: Administrative Council, Academic Council, Discipline Board, Student Activities Advisory Board, Awards Committee, Liturgy Committee
• directs, encourages, and supports the department chairs and media-library supervisor in fulfillment of their duties
• recommends to the Principal, after consultation with the school’s Academic Council, policies on grading, promotion, honors, and other academic matters
• works with the academic departments on curriculum development and implementation
• conducts, in conjunction with the Principal, the bi-annual evaluation of department chairs
• chairs the Academic Council
• oversees, in conjunction with the Principal, the professional growth and development of faculty members, and the in- service program designed to foster faculty professional growth and development
• assists the Principal in the semi-annual visitation of all teachers
• organizes and directs the orientation of new faculty and the implementation of the school’s induction program
• provides for the assignment of substitute teachers and the preparation, completion, and maintenance of faculty attendance records
• evaluates and authorizes, in conjunction with the Principal and in consultation with the department chair, requests for academic field trips
• supervises the general academic program and maintains dialogue with students, parents, and faculty in regard to the academic program
• develops the master schedule, supervises the use of faculty within the schedule, and organizes student schedules in conjunction with the Principal and in consultation with department chairs
• supervises the preparation, completion, and maintenance of student academic records and the distribution of all academic progress report;
• prepares all testing schedules and assign proctors for semester examinations and archdiocesan standardized tests
• supervises the publication of the annual course description catalog and the revision of academic information in all school publications
• communicates with other schools regarding registration, scholastic record and appropriate placement for new or transferring students
• develops and implements, in conjunction with the Principal, policies and procedures for the admission and transfer of students
• prepares that portion of the budget pertaining to the Office of Academic Affairs
• oversees, in conjunction with the Principal, the program for student retention in operation throughout the school year
• participates in the evaluation of non-tenured teachers
• assumes responsibilities delegated by the Principal (144)