This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
Education: Elementary, FT Employee
Catholic Partnership Schools (Camden, NJ)
An assistant principal is a full-time administrator whose responsibilities include the areas of students, parent communication, coordination of the Afterschool Program, and daily oversight and maintenance of physical facilities. Reporting to the Principal of St. Joseph Pro-Cathedral School, the successful candidate must demonstrate a strong commitment to academic excellence and the personal growth of every student, have successful interpersonal skills, and possess strong organizational skills. Standards, structure and consistency are critical. The candidate must possess a strong background and experience in serving at-risk, urban students and addressing the challenges of their learning needs, neighborhoods and families.
The applicant must
• Be a practicing Catholic who possesses the knowledge and skills to share the truths of the Catholic Faith with students, parents, and staff
• Convey an understanding of and commitment to the ministry of education and leadership in a Catholic elementary school
• Hold a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in education, educational administration, or its equivalency
• Hold a New Jersey teacher’s certificate or its equivalency
• Have a minimum of five years experience as an elementary school teacher, preferably in urban, Catholic Schools
•Fluency in Spanish is a definite asset
• Be skilled at leading a school community in creating and sustaining a learning environment where children’s needs are recognized and met
• Be skilled at instilling and maintaining a sense of order and discipline throughout the school
• Have experience and competency in growing relationships, management of persons and processes, written and spoken communication, and collaborative skills.
• to act as the representative for the Principal, as needed
• to be responsible, along with the Principal, for the implementation of the educational goals and objectives of the Partnership Schools
• to perform such duties which are not written under specific accountabilities but may be delegated by the Principal
• to maintain confidentiality when dealing with faculty, staff, students, and parents
SPECIFIC FUNCTIONAL ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Faculty and Staff:
• to help recruit, select, and recommend for hiring, the instructional staff of the school
• to assist in scheduling and facilitating faculty meetings
• to supervise all maintenance personnel who are accountable to principal
• to track and manage staff attendance
• to oversee substitute timesheets and payroll
• to help ensure an excellent instructional program which meets the needs of students enrolled in the school and assess student learning at appropriate levels
• to help provide an environment which is safe, healthy, and educationally conducive for all students
• to help provide for the supervision of students whenever and wherever the school has responsibility for them
• to track and manage student attendance
• to coordinate all standardized testing (NWEA and IOWA)
• to assist in managing student discipline issues
• to organize and track student discipline referrals
• to schedule and plan student assemblies
• to work with parents and the family support staff of the Partnership to engage parents/families in the education of their children
• to support and be present at the activities/events of the school and those of the Partnership and parish which impact the school
• to help interview parents of prospective students
• to provide ongoing communication through appointments, phone calls, written letters
• to publish weekly bulletins to be sent home
• to copy and coordinate all school notices to be sent home in the weekly envelope
• to recruit, interview, hire, and mange Afterschool Program staff
• to take daily attendance
• to oversee the use of vouchers from the Department of Child Services
• to coordinate homework coverage
• to organize the schedule of activities
• to manage the distribution of snack
• to submit timesheets for hourly staff
• to communicate with parents as needed
• to help coordinate all state and federal assistance programs provided for the school
• to order instructional supplies and textbooks
• to type and send all requisitions and board recommendations for the local Board of Education
• to supervise and monitor recess 2 days a week
• to cover main office and classrooms as needed
• Assists the Principal in all aspects of instruction, as needed
• Possesses a readiness to work as a team member with Partnership and community support staff
• Models and promotes respect for the diversity of student backgrounds, experiences, developmental needs and learning approaches.
• Plays a proactive role in shaping the future of education in CPS by promoting their leadership, the school, and the profession and by publicizing education in the community.
• Creates a safe and productive learning environment, including establishing strong guides and incentives for proper student conduct.
• Maintains high visibility and devotes considerable time to interact with students, staff and community.
• Celebrates student and staff achievement through a range of highly visible strategies and uses a range of influence strategies that engage all staff in the school’s programs and policies.
• Conducts his/herself in a way that aligns with the vision set for CPS leadership.
• Encourages parent/family participation and active contributions within the school from other stakeholders.
• Develops and implements very effective management structures, strategies, and procedures
• Helps to oversee and enforces all approved CPS policies.
• Oversees the inspection of buildings and grounds for safety and hazards and recommends to the Partnership Facilities committee general improvement of facilities
• Performs other related duties, including special projects, as required or requested
• Schedules and documents school fire and security drills
• Greets and supervises students from 7:30-8:15 before first bell
• Coordinate the Integrated Pest Management Plan
• Gather requests for repair and maintenance, including the submission of work orders to CPS
• Order supplies as needed for operation of building
• Assist the Principal in coordinating the school calendar (774)
Incoming search terms:
- time square cps