This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
ASSISTANT ORGANIST AND CHOIRMASTER
Other, FT Employee
The Atonement Academy (San Antonio, TX)
Our Lady of the Atonement Catholic Church seeks a qualified individual to fill the position of Assistant Organist and Choirmaster. The applicant should possess excellent keyboard and interpersonal skills, as well as a desire to provide the highest quality accompanying, hymn-playing and solo organ repertoire at liturgies. Responsibilities include accompanying choirs at two Masses each Sunday, training and direction of children’s choir, assist as needed with the direction of the parish’s six additional choirs. Instruments include a 3-manual, 50 rank Casavant pipe organ and a 1 manual, 7 rank Laukuff organ (chapel).
Requirements for the position include:
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Music (emphasis in organ performance or choral conducting)
• Excellent sight-reading , hymn-playing and improvisation skills
• High level of proficiency in vocal pedagogy as it pertains to children’s and young adult voices, choral conducting and organ service playing.
• Training and experience in with music education methods such as Kodaly, Ward or Royal School of Church Music.
• Experience working with singers of all ages, especially children, and a desire to instill in them an appreciation for great choral music of the Church.
• Familiarity with Catholic liturgy; knowledge of Gregorian chant, Anglican chant, hymnody and sacred choral repertoire appropriate for treble and mixed voices.
A complete job description is available upon request. Salary commensurate with experience and in accordance with AGO guidelines. Depending on the qualifications of the candidate, position may be combined with a part-time music instructor position in the parish school to create a full-time position.
Interested applicants should submit cover letter, resume and three references to: (152)
Incoming search terms:
- the atonement academy