Assistant Missionary Program Director – San Diego – Catholic Young Adult Sports (Denver, CO)

Young Adult Ministry, FT Employee
Catholic Young Adult Sports (Denver, CO)

How to Apply: send your resume and cover letter to Paul Spotts – [email protected] (applicants without a cover letter will be discarded)

Position Summary
The Assistant Missionary Program Director of California serves young adults in San Diego by directing the operations and programs of the Catholic Young Adult Sports mission. Each missionary director is responsible for guiding the outreach and formation efforts of a team of young adult volunteers using year-round recreational sports leagues (football, basketball, Ultimate Frisbee, etc) as a catalyst for new member outreach, and coordinating fun opportunities for faith formation such as retreats, mission trips, small groups, and volunteer leadership development. The director will act as a discipler when needed and teach the methods of discipleship to the volunteers and participants in CYAS. The successful candidate will office from home and meet regularly with the President of CYAS, and/or their direct supervisor.

Position Duties
• Assist the Director in establishing a vision for the volunteer committees (finance, formation, marketing, and hospitality) and lead committee chairs in that vision
• Coach the volunteers on discipleship and mentoring relationships and model it in your own efforts of outreach and faith formation
o Training volunteers to use CYAS programs to evangelize/disciple their peers
o Coaching volunteer chairs to train their committee members
o Working with league captains to harness the mission and continually seek to build community and virtue among teams
• Work with the President and the finance committee to establish budget goals for the mission, including fundraising goals for the organization, and budgets for individual leagues or events
• Dedication to personal spiritual growth
• Participation in team life, including regular meetings, prayer and social activities
• Fundraising one’s own salary and maintaining contact with benefactors
• Coordinating efforts with diocesan personnel, including reporting to the local Bishop and/or his representatives
• Developing and building partnership relationships to grow the mission

Position Requirements
• Passion for spreading the Catholic faith among the underserved young adult population
• Experience playing, coordinating or refereeing intramural sports
• Dedication to the New Evangelization
• Creativity and innovation to propose and enact new projects with the volunteers
• Experience in social media
• Organization, Time Management, and Self Discipline
o Using a digital calendar effectively to schedule time wisely
o Prudent at taking time for self needs/interest
o Willing to spend a lot of time in social settings and networking opportunities
o Some night and weekend work is required, primarily being present for league events
• Proven leadership and supervision experience is a must
• Website, Accounting and Graphic Design experience a plus

Every employee who embraces the CYAS mission is required to fundraise for the mission. Missionary positions receive a salary tied to their fundraising efforts and a small bonus tied to the event budgets and fundraising goals. CYAS will send all missionaries to a development training to learn the skills and vision needed to successfully fundraise for God’s Kingdom work. One morning/afternoon a week is dedicated to fundraising in community.

Need: The need is present in the non-existence of young adult ministry in most major cities. The average age of marriage is now 27 and the majority of young adults have felt neglected and unwelcomed in the Catholic faith for nearly a decade since high school catechesis programs. That is assuming they are welcomed back at marriage, which statistically speaking only 5% of them will return and remain committed. That leaves 95% of the largest Catholic age group left relatively un-ministered to in the Catholic faith (according to a USCCB study, 40% of US Catholics are 18-40 years old). Are you ready to build the Kingdom with us! (0) (8246 Posts)

Be the first to comment

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.


Hide me
Sign up below to have the hottest Catholic news delivered to your email daily!
Enter your email address:
Show me
Menu Title