This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
ASSISTANT EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
Management, FT Employee
CARITAS For Children (Milwaukee, WI)
Title: Assistant Executive Director (“Director”)
Employment Type: Full-Time
Employment Term: Regular
Job Location: Milwaukee (home base), Internationally in Operational Scope
Report: Reports to President (Executive Director)
Compensation: Salary plus bonus; Commensurate with experience
Education Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree. Preferred emphasis in Theology, Education, Development, (Marketing-Related) with respect to The New Evangelization.
Experience Requirements: Minimum 2 years work in nonprofit, faith-based ministries. Fundraising experience and knowledge of Catholic theology preferred. Experience with Inbound Marketing, organization development, working with volunteers are a plus.
Application Deadline: May 15, 2014. Please send resume and letter of interest to Kollin Petrie ([email protected]).
CARITAS For Children is a Catholic Lay Apostolate dedicated to developing global relationships while impacting faith locally. CARITAS For Children provides financial assistance for the health, education and general welfare of orphaned and disadvantaged children. In partnership with Catholic religious communities throughout the world, CARITAS brings a future and hope to children who have been born into a cycle of extreme poverty. (www.caritas.us)
We are seeking a self-motivated individual with experience working in the nonprofit sector and/or faith-based ministries. This individual will have a strong background in the Catholic faith and be responsible for developing new sponsor relationships, coordinating marketing activities and CARITAS speaker events, and strategically developing and implementing new programs. The Director will be involved in expanding awareness of the CARITAS mission and managing the communication to existing and prospective sponsors and supporters. This individual will also work with a network of Catholic parishes to provide opportunities for CARITAS speakers.
This position is instrumental in expanding CARITAS For Children as a Catholic Lay Apostolate recognized by the Catholic Church and operating as an effort of The New Evangelization. A deep, personal motivation and commitment to the virtues of the CARITAS ministry is essential.
1. Development of action plans to implement parish based presentations and other events
2. Recruiting and building relationships with parishes
3. Scheduling Appeals and coordinating logistics for priest speakers
4. Developing sponsorship materials for priest speakers, follow-up and coordination with parishes and recruiting liaisons
5. Be a liaison for priest preachers, development of content, training of priest speakers; coordinate processes with supporting CARITAS staff in coordination with CARITAS’ Director of Catholic Mission and Evangelization (“DCME”)
6. Assist in managing CARITAS Inbound Marketing efforts
7. Establish platforms with Caritas IT Dept. i.e. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Vimeo, etc.; Maintain and grow followers; Establish content such as blogs, videos, events; Stay in tune with social media trends.
8. Involved in the development and implementation of a strategic growth plan including fundraising, sponsorship acquisition and marketing.
9. Manage and direct the development of material and outreach initiatives which help to promote CARITAS’ Ministry
10. Plan, coordinate, and write engaging content for CARITAS marketing channels
11. Work with the President and core team members to help build, reinforce, and expand awareness of CARITAS For Children’s mission
12. Managing the communication of CARITAS’ work to existing and prospective sponsors and supporters
13. Assist others in their role to manage the operation and organization of foundation requests including research, grant writing and stewardship; Ensure that proposals, reports and other needed documentation are well written, strategic and submitted on schedule
14. Develop and direct activities to solicit and procure funds in line with the organizational strategy
15. Engage in the direct cultivation of major prospects, including individuals, corporations and foundations
• Demonstrates leadership and strong commitment to mission and vision of nonprofit work
• Builds and maintains relationships with Arch/Diocesan authorities and leadership.
• Ability to increase the network of Liaisons for CARITAS (Special Volunteers for CARITAS) who will assist CARITAS’ creation of an ever-increasing number of new sponsors.
• Ability to adapt and thrive in a changing work environment and evolving priorities
• Excels in working as part of a team and collaborating on projects
• Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects running on concurrent timelines
• Able to work independently with limited supervision
• Self-motivated and committed to the Mission and Vision of CARITAS For Children
• Excellent at both verbal and written communication
• Highly organized, dependable and able to adapt to a changing work schedule
• Enthusiastic and positive towards helping others
• Proficient with all MS Office applications, social media, blogging, CRM systems, and Inbound Marketing systems (119)