This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF LITURGY AND LITURGICAL MUSIC
Music Ministry, FT Employee
Archdiocese of Philadelphia (Philadelphia, PA)
The Assistant Director of Liturgy and Liturgical Music assists the Director of Liturgy in the overall program of liturgical formation, with a principal focus on liturgical music formation, planning and training in all divisions of the Seminary. The Assistant Director of Liturgy and Liturgical Music is a faculty position, responsible to the Director of Liturgy and collaborates when necessary with the Archdiocesan Offices for Divine Worship/Liturgical Music.
Also, the Assistant Director of Liturgy and Liturgical Music, when possible, arranges for liturgical musical participation in events at the Cathedral.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND REPONSIBILITIES
• Promotes the liturgical life of the Seminary in all divisions in conformity with the Church’s liturgical books and instructions, especially with regard to liturgical music, with a view to authentic celebrations of the Sacred Liturgy in the parish.
• Recognizes liturgical formation as integral to ministerial formation, presents the universal and national liturgical and liturgical musical documents as foundational, and provides for the development of musical skills and training.
• Directs and trains the choir, scholae, psalmists, cantors and instrumentalists for Sunday Mass and the Liturgy of the Hours and other special occasions for the Seminary, such as the Institutions into the Ministries, celebrations of Holy Orders, and the Annual Eucharistic Devotion.
• Plans the liturgical music for the choir and scholae, for the celebration of Mass and the Liturgy of the Hours for Sundays and weekdays, in consultation with and subject to the approval of the Director of Liturgy; provides the printed programs when needed for these celebrations.
• Coordinates the liturgical music ministries, musical library, resources and files, the maintenance of instruments and the budget.
• Provides liturgical musical instruction for the diaconal and presidential chants for the celebration of the Sacred Liturgy, regular liturgical music rehearsals for each of the divisions of the Seminary, and individual lessons for voice and instruments.
• Coordinate seasonal concerts of Sacred Music, such as during Advent and Lent, for the benefit of the Seminary and wider community.
• Participates in periodic review with the Director of Liturgy.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Terminal degree in liturgical music, with proficient organ and directing skills.
• Excellent skills in administration, communication, collaboration, organization and supervision.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
• Pastoral experience in the Sacred Liturgy and Liturgical Music.
• Availability to carryout responsibilities in the evenings and on weekends.
• Membership in professional organizations.
• Active member of the Church and registered in his/her parish. (57)