ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF FINANCE
Accounting/Finance, FT Employee
Cristo Rey Jesuit College Preparatory School of Houston (Houston, TX)
Job Title: Assistant Director of Finance
Director of Finance
The role of the Assistant Director of Finance is an integral part of the Finance Department and responsible for assisting the Director of Finance in ensuring the fiscal and operational effectiveness of the school to support and enhance the educational mission of the organization.
Qualified candidates must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and remain flexible with daily tasks and projects delegated to him/her. She/he will be motivated by the Catholic/Christian/Jesuit mission of the school and by the opportunity to help establish an institution that will have a real and lasting positive impact on the greater Houston community.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Assist Director with maintaining a centralized accounting department-driving the development of standardized processes and procedures and maintaining a strong internal controls environment to support both the School and Corporate Work-Study Program.
• Assist Director with oversight of all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate standards and regulatory requirements;
• Support the Director to coordinate and lead the annual audit process, liaise with external auditors and assess any changes necessary;
• Works with Corporate Work-Study Program to establish student job billing, prepares and invoices all sponsors, and conducts follow-ups on sponsor questions and delinquent accounts;
• Codes and enters all sponsor billing ensuring proper coding and accuracy;
• Prepares Sponsor A/R aging reports on a monthly basis for review and follow-up;
• Receives and reconciles all checks and cash deposits from Development, Corporate Work Study Program, and Tuition;
• Prepares deposits by entity and account, and deposits all items on the day of the receipt;
• Record deposits and journal entries in general ledger for two entities on accrual basis;
• Process and print checks for school and Corporate Work-Study Program;
• Prepare monthly financial statements;
• Maintains orderly records of financial transactions for the school and Corporate Work Study Program
• Verifies, allocates, and posts details of business transactions to subsidiary accounts in journals from documents, such as sales slips, invoices, receipts, check stubs, and computer printouts;
• Performs monthly intercompany and revenue account reconciliations;
• Communicates accounting policies to affected employees and ensure compliance with such policies;
• Control, monitor, and reconcile petty cash for school;
• Coordinate and monitor student free and reduced lunch program;
• Assist with facilities as needed.
• Bachelor’s in accounting or other related field
• 1-2 years accounting experience
• Knowledge of finance and accounting including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
• Knowledge of QuickBooks and proficiency in Excel
• Ability to communicate effectively with all constituents in a school environment.
Interested candidates should submit their resume to Lori Hessel at [email protected] (0)
Incoming search terms:
- Cristo Rey Dallas College Preparatory