This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF CYO CAMP SERVICES
Youth Ministry, FT Employee
Archdiocese of Seattle (Seattle, WA)
The Office of Youth and Young Adult Evangelization/Camp Services of the Archdiocese of Seattle has an opening for a full-time Assistant Director of CYO Camp Services. This opening is to fill a newly created position due to restructuring.
The Archbishop is the visible principle and foundation of unity in the particular Church entrusted to him. In a unique and visible way, he makes Christ’s mission present and enduring as Shepherd of the Christian Community. In order to fulfill his mission, the Archbishop employs suitable, chosen collaborators (clerics, religious, or lay people). He shares with them the apostolic mission and entrusts various responsibilities to them. (Directory on the Pastoral Ministry of Bishops, 198)
Each position employed in the Chancery helps to extend the ministry of the Archbishop in particular ways as outlined in the position description.
GENERAL SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL PURPOSE:
Coordinates the spring, summer, and fall staff recruiting, hiring and training for CYO Camp Services under the direction of the Director of CYO Camp Services. Responsible for recruiting and expanding the staff applicant pool and to fully staff camp programs with quality staff members. During the spring season will play a support role for our environmental education program. During the summer they will be onsite at one of the camp facilities. The position will maintain consistency with the mission and goals of the Office, and ensure compliance with industry norms and best practices.
ESSENTIAL POSITION DUTIES:
1. Coordinates and plans our staff recruiting efforts. This includes print materials, college visits, parish visits, and other resources to gather an adequate applicant pool.
2. Conducts staff screening including reference checks, background checks, and interviews. Oversees the development of staff training and staff supervision process. Processes payroll for all of the CYO Camp Services programs.
3. Under the direction of the Director of CYO Camp Services, participates with other staff members in implementing the mission of the department. This may include planning, developing and evaluating the department’s programs and services.
4. Develops specific responsibilities for an active volunteer network. Coordinates volunteer projects and hours with local colleges and high schools. Tracks volunteer hours.
5. Ensures program quality through adequate staff training, performance evaluations of staff, and user evaluations. Utilizes written evaluation systems or technology-based evaluation systems as appropriate for collecting evaluation data.
6. Actively engages with CYO Camp Alumni, coordinating events and alumni outreach.
7. In collaboration with the Director of CYO Camp Services, keeps accurate records of expenditures and ensures responsible use of appropriated funds for staff and program supplies.
8. Ensures the safety and proper facilitation of CYO Summer Camp programs at one of our camp facilities. Plays an active role in mentoring and supporting seasonal camp directors in their role in camp supervision.
9. Under the direction of the Director of CYO Camp Services provides support for program development for CYO Summer Camps including content and promotional materials.
a. Willingness and ability to support the mission of the Church by extending the ministry of the Archbishop.
b. Ability and desire to use God-given gifts and talents in service of the local Church in support of the collaboration between lay and ordained Ministers.
c. Active member of a parish/faith community in good standing with the Church.
a. BA or BS degree in applicable field or significant qualifying experience.
a. Demonstrated experience with human resources, marketing, customer service, or sales.
b. Experience in conducting presentations and training programs.
c. Supervisory experience.
d. Experience and training in basic camp management.
e. The ability to obtain training and/or ACCT certification in a variety of camp program specialty areas.
f. Proficient in Outlook, Microsoft Office programs, and web-based technologies such as blogs, websites, and Facebook.
4. Other Elements:
a. Commitment to the mission and values of OYYAE.
b. Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
c. Comfortable with public speaking.
d. Comfortable working and/or living onsite at one of our camp facilities.
e. Must have current CPR/First Aid certification, and Food Handler’s permit, or willingness and ability to obtain within 90 days of hire.
f. Bilingual in Spanish, preferred.
g. Ability to work evenings and/or weekends and live onsite in rustic facilities while programs are in session.
h. Must own transportation and possess a valid Washington state driver’s license.
Competitive salary and excellent benefits. To apply for this job, please visit our website at www.seattlearchdiocese.org/jobs. We require all applicants to submit our standard application and a cover letter. Resumes alone will not be accepted. (85)
Incoming search terms:
- cyo seattle
- cyo seattle assistant camp director