This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF ATHLETICS
Management, FT Employee
Archdiocese of Seattle (Seattle, WA)
The Office for Youth and Young Adult Evangelization/Athletics of the Archdiocese of Seattle has an opening for a full-time Assistant Director of CYO Athletics. This opening is to fill a vacant position.
The Archbishop is the visible principle and foundation of unity in the particular Church entrusted to him. In a unique and visible way, he makes Christ’s mission present and enduring as Shepherd of the Christian Community. In order to fulfill his mission, the Archbishop employs suitable, chosen collaborators (clerics, religious, or lay people). He shares with them the apostolic mission and entrusts various responsibilities to them. (Directory on the Pastoral Ministry of Bishops, 198)
Each position employed in the Chancery helps to extend the ministry of the Archbishop in particular ways as outlined in the position description.
GENERAL SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL PURPOSE:
Collaborates with the Director of CYO Athletics in providing a comprehensive parish based athletics programs for youth, young adults and families to promote and contribute to their physical, social, personal and spiritual development in accord with the goals, policies and mission of the Office, as well as the mission and norms of the local and universal Church.
ESSENTIAL POSITION DUTIES:
1. Under the direction of the Director of CYO Athletics, participates with other staff members in implementing the mission of the department. This may include planning, developing and evaluating the department’s programs and services. This includes participating in staff functions and meetings as well as in coordinating the collection of information for the program activity reports. In the spirit of collaboration, this includes supporting other areas of the department as requested by the Executive Director of the Office for Youth and Young Adult Evangelization and/or the Director of CYO Athletics.
2. Participates in the work of the OYYAE office by attending staff meetings and gatherings, contributing to shared administrative duties, and serving as back-up and support to phones. Develops agendas and provides meeting minutes for CYO Athletics – weekly check-ins, sport commissions and the Athletics Advisory Committee.
3. Assists Director in providing direction and communication of philosophy, policies and processes of CYO Athletics to coaches, athletic directors, sport coordinators and parents. This involves participation and facilitation of trainings and meetings for coaches, athletic directors, and consultative bodies in the evenings and/or weekends throughout the year. Assists Director in work with sport committees, commissioners and Athletics Advisory Commission.
4. Provides support to the Director of CYO Athletics, performs bookkeeping tasks on behalf of CYO Athletics and coordinates with the archdiocesan accounting department on invoicing and processing payments from participating programs. Serves as backup on online scheduling program and assists with the scheduling of each team sport throughout the year.
5. Serves as the lead staff, in consultation with Director of CYO Athletics and sport commissions, for planning, organizing and scheduling post season events (Soccer, Basketball, Volleyball, Baseball) and recognitions. This involves participating in meetings, communicating with Athletic Directors and the commission for each sport as well as coordinating and ordering awards (trophies, medals, t-shirts, ribbons) and survey development and analysis. Works with commissions to track eligibility requests in pre-season and process lopsided scores and forfeits during the season.
6. Works as staff liaison to Rules, Compliance and Officiating Committee (RCO). Assures the record maintenance of incidents and pertinent requests. Tracks sport specific rule changes with individual sport committees and overall rule changes with RCO. Assures the recruitment, training and evaluation of officials for CYO Athletics. Coordinates with other staff and associations to provide novice officials for pre-season jamborees.
7. Serves as staff lead for partnerships with local sport organizations for the purpose of developing opportunities for the community of CYO Athletics and gear suppliers for the purpose of identifying staff and volunteers as leadership at events. Serves as staff contact for Knights of Columbus basketball tournaments.
8. Works with a planning team to implement a year end celebration for CYO Athletics that underscores and emphasizes its mission and philosophy as an extension of the ministry of the Archbishop, creates an opportunity for celebrating award winners and programs that have achieved excellence in the program year and recognizes key volunteers for their service.
a. Willingness and ability to support the mission of the Church by extending the ministry of the Archbishop.
b. Ability and desire to use God-given gifts and talents in service of the local Church in support of the collaboration between lay and ordained Ministers.
c. Active member of a parish/faith community in good standing with the Church.
a. BA degree in a related field.
a. Knowledge of and experience in youth sports/athletics.
b. Demonstrated successful experience working with people with various economic, racial and cultural backgrounds.
c. Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (particularly Word, Excel and Outlook)
d. Ability to use current technology as a means for communication, marketing and program development.
4. Other Elements:
a. Excellent communications skills both verbal and written.
b. Strong demonstrated competence in interpersonal and public relations skills including the ability to work collaboratively with parish and school staff.
c. Ability to work on evenings and weekends as needed.
d. Ability to provide own transportation, must possess a valid Washington State driver’s license
e. Excellent organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple projects.
f. Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines.
g. Ability to work independently as well as in a team.
h. Detail oriented with a high degree of accuracy.
i. Bilingual competency preferred.
Competitive salary and excellent benefits. To apply for this job, please visit our website at www.seattlearchdiocese.org/jobs. We require all applicants to submit our standard application and a cover letter. Resumes alone will not be accepted. (137)
Incoming search terms:
- WA athletic director job