This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF ANNUAL GIVING AND MARKETING
Marketing/Advertising, FT Employee
St. Thomas Aquinas Church – Newman Center (Lincoln, NE)
Summary of Position:
Leads and manages the St. Thomas Aquinas Church – Newman Center’s Annual Fund Campaign. Ensures consistent and effective branded marketing communications in company websites, print communications, and advertising to achieve strategic goals and help the on-going success of ministerial programs and operations.
Reports to: Director of Development
• Baccalaureate degree or higher in Marketing or Business related, preferred. Commitment to continuous learning.
• Three (3) years of experience with demonstrated success in management of a fund development program.
• Thorough knowledge of marketing principles and practices, to include web page management.
• Experience in Internet and social media strategies, preferred.
• Passion, enthusiasm and an affinity for the mission of the Catholic campus ministry, and the ability to effectively communicate it via marketing efforts.
• Ability to work 40 hours per week, onsite at the Newman Center.
• A valid driver’s license and reliable means of transportation.
• Ability to manage a marketing operational budget.
• Ability to lift 25 pounds.
Skills & Abilities
• Thoroughness in planning and implementing work, including goals, timetables, and formulating action steps to achieve objectives.
• Effective interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills to work with staff, students, board members, donors, volunteers and vendors.
• Ability to be flexible, work independently and simultaneously on a variety of projects with imposed deadlines in a fast-paced office environment.
• Familiarity and skill with tools of the trade in marketing including PR, written communications, website development, market research, branding, and promotions.
• Experience managing external PR and communications with media outlets, vendors and contractors.
• Strong computer skills with working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite of programs, particularly Microsoft Excel, Publisher and Word. Database administration experience and knowledge of e-Tapestry a plus.
• Collaborates with the Development Office to manage a comprehensive annual fund, marketing and communications program, integrating the following: an annual newsletter, fundraising brochures and fliers, website and Facebook postings, e-newsletters, logos, letterheads, banners, video testimonials of students, and other marketing materials for the advancement of the Newman Center, its ministries and its development program.
• Collaborates with the Director of Development, creating, maintaining and executing an annual fund – marketing calendar and a five-year strategic plan for the development program
• Manages the annual Phone-A-Thon campaign, including: pre-campaign mailing and emails, securing corporate product donations, student volunteer and paid-caller recruitment, execution of the multi-week campaign and completion of daily production reports. Ensures the timely mailing of pledge remainders following the calling period and bi-monthly thereafter, as well as writing off all unsecured funds prior to the following year’s campaign.
• Manages the strategic Mail Solicitation Program, including the compilation of solicitation materials, NOCA updates as required, coordination with a selected printing house and depositing any necessary postage funds. The Mail Solicitation Program currently consists of a fall appeal, year-end appeal, tax receipts, and other special appeals as applicable.
• Manages the production and distribution of an annual Husker Catholic newsletter, including the compilation of articles, photos and donor reports, as well as coordination with a selected printing house and depositing any necessary postage funds.
• Manages the production and distribution of bi-monthly (six (6) annually) e-newsletters, including the compilation of articles and photos, as well as coordinating for an annual email append service.
• Manages the huskercatholic.org website and e-commerce program, including updates to content, functionality and integration into the Newman Center’s overall marketing and development programs. Collaboration with the Directors to update the Newman Center’s other social media outlets.
• Assist with the planning and execution of the Husker Catholic Live! benefit dinner, Golf Fore! the Newman Center tournament and future St. Thomas Aquinas Church – Newman Center’s dedication events. Specific areas of responsibility include marketing materials, event programs, speaker preparation and to assist with the overall event success.
• Assists the Development Office with re-establishing a Sustaining Team program and Legacy Giving program for operational support, including the creation and execution of a marketing plan to acquire additional monthly EFT or credit card donors, as well as planned gifts, following the Newman Center’s capital campaign.
• Assists the Newman Center Development Office and FOCUS missionaries with the preparation and successful execution of the annual parish registration and dorm-storm process.
• Supervises Marketing Assistant and/or student employees to assist in the Newman Center’s Annual Fund Campaign and development/marketing program.
• Manages the production of at least six (6) student testimonial videos annually, to be incorporated into the Newman Center’s overall marketing and communications plan.
• Prepares and presents quarterly Annual Fund Campaign reports to the Pastor, Director of Development, and Finance Committee.
• Assists the Director of Development in assuring that Annual Fund Campaign expenses are maintained within the development budget.
• Assists the Director of Development in the creation, implementation and maintenance of specific written procedures for work-flow processes associated with the Annual Fund Program.
• Positively represents to the highest standard of ethics and in a professional manner, St. Thomas Aquinas Church – Newman Center and the Diocese of Lincoln at community and regional charity.
• Ensures consistent branding and imaging in church-sponsored programs, print, promotional materials, online media, direct mail and event signage; and as requested on student promotional activities.
• Performs additional duties as assigned by the Director of Development and Pastor.
St. Thomas Aquinas Church – Newman Center is an equal opportunity employer. It is our policy to comply with all federal, state and local equal employment opportunity laws and guidelines.
To learn more about St. Thomas Aquinas Church – Newman Center and our other exciting employment opportunities, please visit our website @ http://newmancenter.unl.edu/ . An online application is available for all positions of interest. Please contact Patti Montgomery for further details @402 474 7914 or [email protected] . (319)
Incoming search terms:
- st newman aquinas center