This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
ASSISTANT DEVELOPMENT DIRECTOR
Fundraising, FT Employee
Saint Paul’s Outreach (West St Paul, MN)
The National & Minnesota Assistant Development Director performs several key functions in furthering the fundraising efforts of Saint Paul’s Outreach. These include: the day-to-day management of the development department, organizing fundraising events, and donor cultivation and solicitation.
This is a regular, full-time, exempt position.
Development Department Operations:
• Oversee gift processing (mostly performed by the Development Intern), including acknowledgements and processing monthly donations.
• Manage the donor database, ensuring it is accurate and utilized effectively, including generating various fundraising reports.
• Manage Personal Support Raising infrastructure, including monthly reporting and providing appropriate materials.
• Conduct direct mail campaigns and send out year-end tax letters to donors.
• Conduct online appeals.
• Organize phone-a-thons.
• Research and write grant proposals, including appropriate follow-up.
• Respond to inquiries and requests from benefactors and staff regarding donations.
• Document and maintain fundraising resources, processes, and systems.
• Provide assistance to the National & Minnesota Development Director and development personnel in other Mission Centers as needed.
• Plan and execute MN fundraising events (the banquet, the golf tournament, and the Archbishop’s luncheon):
o Conduct event invitation, registration, and promotion
o Manage task timeline and assign tasks to other staff and volunteers as appropriate
o Solicit and manage sponsorship
o Secure venues and communicate with vendors
o Conduct appropriate event follow-up
• Provide support to staff organizing fundraising events in other Mission Centers, including maintaining event manuals and other helpful resources.
Donor Cultivation and Solicitation:
• Build relationships with existing and prospective donors in MN and occasionally in other Mission Centers.
• Solicit them for financial support of Saint Paul’s Outreach.
Minimum Education Requirements:
Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a field that can be useful in fundraising. Some training in development work is highly preferable. Some training in business, entrepreneurship, or marketing and communication is preferable.
At least 5 years of noteworthy professional work experience. Significant experience in development work is preferred. Prior experience with SPO and with Raiser’s Edge is preferred.
Individual must demonstrate strong skills in the following areas: communication, reliability, responsibility, determination, self-motivation, leadership, flexibility, and integrity. Should be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel and preferably Raiser’s Edge, or at least capable of learning quickly how to use a complex database. Excellent relational skills are essential, including the ability to relate professionally and present Saint Paul’s Outreach in a highly effective way to benefactors. Ability to work well independently and cooperatively, and to use discretion when handling confidential information is also necessary. Should be able to prioritize tasks and responsibilities well and work efficiently. Ability to read, write, and speak English fluently is essential. Enthusiastically supportive of SPO’s mission and core virtues, and core values: willing and able to live them out and communicate them effectively to others. Faithfully living out the Catholic faith and the mission of evangelization. (142)
Incoming search terms:
- 410 Colleen Dr St Paul MN