This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
ASSISTANT DEAN OF STUDENTS
Education: University/College, FT Employee
The College of Saint Mary Magdalen (Warner, NH)
Overview and Responsibilities:
The Assistant Dean of Students at the College of Saint Mary Magdalen is a professional, 10 month, full-time live-on position. Responsibilities for the Assistant Dean of Students will include, but will not be limited to, the following:
- Foster the spiritual, intellectual, physical and social growth of the student body.
- Oversee the daily operations of a Residence Hall, including assigning rooms, distributing keys, evaluating room conditions, setting cleaning schedules, reporting necessary repairs, holding weekly residence meetings and running desk operations as needed.
- Coordinate hall openings and closings for break periods.
- Assist with selection, training and supervision of Resident Advisers.
- Enrich the spiritual growth of students by organizing retreats, encouraging prayer, maintaining reverence for the Eucharist in the residences, and arranging for guest speakers.
- Meet with students to resolve roommate conflicts and community living concerns.
- Respond to emergency situations in an efficient and effective manner to ensure the safety of students.
- Promulgate information regarding policies and procedures to the student body, enforce campus policies, document policy violations, and conduct disciplinary hearings.
- Assist with the coordination of major campus events including, but not limited to, Freshman Welcome, Orientation, Parents Weekend, and Commencement.
- Plan, schedule and implement off-campus programming, campus-wide programming and programming within residence halls.
- Advise student clubs as needed.
- Assist with the organization and supervision of the Student Work Study Program and Campus Service Program.
Bachelor’s degree in Higher Education, Student Personnel Administration, or a related field and 2-3 years of experience.
The successful candidate will have the ability to take initiative and remain flexible. Experience managing and training staff is highly desirable. Must have strong organizational skills with the ability to establish priorities, manage multiple demands, and meet deadlines. Must have the desire to work closely with students and possess strong communication skills. Knowledge of the Catholic faith and of Catholic Liberal Arts education is strongly preferred.
Please email resume and cover letter to Leo Bond at [email protected] (175)
Incoming search terms:
- College of Saint Mary Magdalen
- former dean at saint mary magdalen
- leo bond college of mary magdalene