This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
ASSISTANT CASE MANAGER
Social Work, FT Employee
Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Arlington (Alexandria, VA)
Catholic Charities – Christ House in Alexandria, VA is a men’s transitional facility offering single men temporary housing in a clean, safe, and structured environment. Aligned with Catholic Social Teaching, Christ House provides Residents dynamic programming and services aimed at assisting Residents transform their lives to become self-sustaining, contributing members of society.
• Monday through Friday, 4:00 p.m. to 12:00 a.m.
Duties include but are not limited to:
1. Provide case management services to shelter residents on a daily basis:
• Complete client intake forms and provides clients with shelter orientation and procedures (intercom, security, equipment, log, etc.).
• Input and maintain client information into H.M.I.S.
• Interact on a daily basis with shelter residents providing recommendations for programs, referrals, and extensions.
• Manage Mentor/Mentee relationships providing Mentors a weekly update of residents’ activities and actionable progress
• Coordinate resident requests with Resident Managers and works closely with them to resolve client conflict and/or crises.
• Responsible for promoting a safe environment for the residents, volunteers, staff and guests of Christ House
• Attend client progress staff meetings and training sessions and assigns client chores within the shelter.
2. Provide case management and counseling to assigned shelter residents:
• Provide intensive case management daily to include, but not limited to, assisting clients with designing, implementing, and completing a personalized transition plan with the goal of self-sustaining employment and end to homelessness.
• Attend client progress staff meetings, leading discussions on assigned clients.
• Maintain complete and accurate case notes on each assigned client and ensure confidentiality.
3. Ensure coordination of Christ House activities within/between programs:
• Maintain a safe working environment for all staff and residents.
• Work closely with Resident Managers to resolve client conflict and/or crises.
• Inform Program Director of client challenges/needs and facilities issues.
• Receive, distribute, and store donations taking into account client needs.
4. Manage the overall supply needs for the Christ House facility:
• Inspect apartments once weekly to ensure all shelter safety and sanitary conditions are being met by clients and upon discharge of residents.
• Monitor visitors and guests to the shelter, keeping the building secured.
• Clean up after each shift, policing donation area, front office and kitchen.
• A bachelor-level degree preferably in Social Work or Psychology, plus two years’ case management experience in a residential setting, or some combination of education and experience equal to four years.
• Ability to relate to clients, volunteers, staff, and the public is critical.
Please send cover letter with salary requirements and resume to [email protected] No phone calls please. (154)
Incoming search terms:
- catholic charities alexandria va
- a&m supply alexandria va
- ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT SALARIES IN ARLINGTON VA
- assistant case manager arlington va salaries
- case manager ii catholic charities