This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
ASSISTANT ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR OF ATHLETICS AND RECREATION
Management, FT Employee
Assumption College (Worcester, MA)
This position is responsible for planning, implementing, organizing, and directing/supervising a comprehensive campus recreation program and facility, which includes: intramurals, club sports, instructional programs, aquatics, facility rental, and special events. Expectations include, but are not limited to: knowledge of current standards and best practices in campus recreation, supervision and management principles, public relations, fiscal management, and event planning.
1. Overall supervision of the Recreation Center professional staff, administrative assistant, aquatics staff, student staff, building supervisors, and management of instructors for programming.
2. Plan, schedule, and coordinate varied and creative recreation programs. This includes assessment of the recreation needs and interests of the College community, design and oversight of appropriate programming, and the development and evaluation of appropriate student learning outcomes.
3. Responsible for the fiscal operations of the Plourde Recreation Center. Establishes goals and objectives, administers budgets, and directs the operation of all budgets.
4. Establishes policies and procedures for recreational sports programs, which includes determining safety standards, and committing to the associated expenditures and required procedures. Uses independent discretion and judgment to resolve complaints and grievances, arbitrate disputes and investigate matters on behalf of the administration.
5. Provides supervision for all directly reporting personnel and performs annual performance reviews.
6. Responsible for developing and administering revenue generating programs, examples may include, but are not limited to: facility rentals, memberships, instructional classes, and others.
7. Designs and coordinates production of all major publications including brochures and other promotional materials to market and promote all aspects of the recreation program.
8. Oversee the management of a membership program for the Plourde Recreation Center, including fee structure, program guidelines and exclusions.
9. Purchase and maintenance decisions on all facility equipment and supplies ensuring their safety and availability for participants and members, maintains accurate records of equipment use and repairs with the approval of the Director.
10. Establishes and enforces facility policies and procedures for ensuring the safety of participants and the security of the building. This includes ensuring proper training for appropriate staff in CPR, AED use, and First Aid.
11. Responsible for maintaining accurate records, health forms, maintenance reports, and other information required by College policy and federal/state law.
12. Supervises and evaluates the intercollegiate sports, overseeing responsibilities in their respective sport.
13. Assist in the budget preparation for the Department of Athletics and Recreation and serve as a member of the department senior management team comprised of the Associate Directors (2), Assistant Director for Sports Medicine, Assistant Director for Communications and Assistant Director for Operations, which will make recommendations to the Director regarding all aspects of the Department.
14. Works in conjunction with the Associate Director in the areas of facility scheduling and reservations for on and off campus groups; establishing appropriate fees and contracts for facility rentals.
15. Work with Assistant Director for Communications regarding the marketing and promotions of athletics and recreation events.
16. Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Athletics & Recreation
* Must be willing to contribute actively to the mission of the College as well as show respect for the Catholic and Assumptionist identity of Assumption College
* Bachelor’s degree in Sport/Recreation Management or related field required
* 3-5 years progressive experience, including supervision of professional staff in a comprehensive campus recreation program
* Current CPR, First Aid, and AED certifications preferred
* Certified Pool Operators Certification preferred
* Computer knowledge and skill required.
* The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate, and have a strong professional history of: excellent verbal and written communication, ability to effectively collaborate with campus departments and community members, capacity for exceptional organization skills, public speaking, and sound fiscal management
* Interacts on a daily basis with students, faculty, administrators, and staff. Recreational programs serve approximately 2000 students and approximately 500 employees and members per year.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Sitting, standing, walking, and bending are required of this position. Use of a computer keyboard and computer screen for periods of time with close vision and the ability to adjust visual focus plus manual dexterity are required. Some lifting is required.
MENTAL DEMANDS: The mental demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Examples of mental demands include reading (documents), detailed work, confidentiality, language, math, reasoning, oral communications, written communications, customer contact, multiple concurrent tasks, constant interruptions, and performing calculations when necessary.
* Position is designed as “essential employee”; requiring attendance at work when normal college operations are suspended.
* Ability and willingness to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as Plourde Recreation Center schedule requires.
Assumption College, a Catholic liberal arts and professional studies college, was founded in 1904 by its sponsoring religious community, the Augustinians of the Assumption. Assumption College is part of the Colleges of Worcester Consortium and an Affirmative Action/EEOC employer encouraging candidates who would enrich the College’s diversity.
Apply on line only:www.assumption.edu/hr (248)
Incoming search terms:
- assumption college athletics