This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
AREA DIRECTOR OF FAITH FORMATION AND YOUTH MINISTRY
Religious Education, FT Employee
Holy Family Area Catholic Community (Montevideo, MN)
Area Director of Faith Formation and Youth Ministry
Holy Family Area Catholic Community
The Area Director of Faith Formation and Youth Ministry for the Holy Family Area Catholic Community shall report to the Pastor. This is a full-time exempt position and includes benefits. It will average 40 hours per week, more during the school year while less in the summer. This is an exempt position.
Direct reports: 2 Coordinators of Faith Formation located in other parishes.
This position will work closely with the Pastor, Area Pastoral Minister, Area Business Manager and Area Secretary.
PRIMARY PURPOSES OF THIS POSITION:
The purpose of this position is to develop and manage the Faith Formation Program and Youth Ministry for the Holy Family Area Catholic Community.
CHURCH EMPLOYMENT RESPONSIBILTIES:
Employment in and by the Catholic Church is substantially different from secular employment. Church employees must conduct themselves in a manner that is consistent with and supportive of the mission and purpose of the Church and the Diocese of New Ulm. Their public behavior must not violate the faith, morals or laws of the Church, such that it can embarrass the Church or give rise to scandal. It is required that the employee filling this position be an active, practicing Catholic in full communion with and respectful of the Roman Catholic Church.
I. *Area Director of Faith Formation.
A. Organize, plan and monitor the programs for ongoing success.
B. Manage the Faith Formation budget for the Holy Family Area and for the 2 other parishes.
C. Supervise 2 Coordinators of Faith Formation.
D. Select curriculum with the Pastor and establish lesson plans for grades K-12.
E. Coordinate the Area Faith Formation Committee.
F. Coordinate sacramental preparation with the Pastor. (1st Reconciliation, 1st Communion, Confirmation)
G. Assist Hispanics with their Faith Formation needs.
II. *Faith Formation Coordinator.
A. Coordinate the Faith Formation program in one of the parishes.
B. Plan and oversee Vacation Bible School in assigned parish, while working with the other Faith Formation Coordinators to put on their programs.
C. Recruit catechists and other volunteers as needed
D. Work with and monitor families that are doing Faith Formation at home.
E. Manage Faith Formation budge for assigned Parish.
III. Safe Environment Coordinator.
A. Arrange for all staff and volunteers that need Virtus training to take it in a timely manner.
B. Track and report individuals taking Virtus training to the diocese.
IV. Principal Communicator of the Program.
A. Communicate with Pastor on a weekly basis or more often as job demands.
B. Meet with the 2 Coordinators of Faith Formation as a team monthly at a minimum and individually bi-weekly at a minimum during the school year.
C. Communicate with area employees, liturgists, custodians and other staff. This will allow them preparation time for sacraments and other special occasions at the church.
D. Communicate with students, parents and families with newsletters and other mailings about the program. This will allow them to commit and schedule properly.
V. Youth Minister for Holy Family Area Catholic Community
A. To disciple a core group of youth from all 3 Parishes.
B. To enable and assist Coordinators of Faith Formation to elicit the involvement of Youth in their parish with the Area Youth Group.
C. To coordinate and implement Area gatherings for each age group of Jr. High and High School at least monthly.
D. To coordinate and implement Youth Ministry opportunities outside of our Area. For example, Diocesan Youth Rallies, Steubenville Conferences, Catholic Heart Work Camp, Discipleship Camps, National Catholic Youth Conference, TEC retreats, etc.
E. To manage the Area and assigned parish’s Youth Ministry budgets.
VI. Continuing Education.
A. Keep up-to-date on Faith Formation and Youth Ministry. (Church news and documents).
B. Attend classes and talks that are applicable to Faith Formation or Youth Ministry.
VII. Other responsibilities: Includes other responsibilities identified as needed by the employee and approved and/or assigned by the supervisor.
*BE PRESENT WHERE NEEDED, READY TO WORK AS NEEDED TO MEET RESPONSIBILITIES. Includes recognizing when situations require more effort, putting in more time if needed, satisfying responsibilities is a timely manner, providing an example of punctuality and attendance and generally ensuring all is ready and taken care of.
*HELP CREATE A PRODUCTIVE AND HARMONIOUS WORK ENVIRONMENT. Promote good morale, adequate communication and cooperative teamwork.
These responsibilities listed above are representative of the job and are not inclusive. Those proceeded by a “*” are essential functions of the job.
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Theology, Youth Ministry, Catholic Studies or a similar program is preferred for this position.
• Knowledge and understanding of, commitment to, and practice of the Catholic faith.
• Commitment to continuing education and on-going personal and spiritual formation.
• This person must be organized, neat, and capable of self-direction and have good time-management.
• Must be capable of working with humility, integrity and reflection as this person represents the Catholic Church, our area and Catholicism as a whole.
• Ability and versatility to relate to, interact and to communicate with children, youth, adults, staff, Pastor
• Organizational skills, ability to see tasks through to completion
• Motivated, and self-directed
• Computer skills
• Successful completion of the standard Diocesan background check
• Successfully complete Virtus training; complete annual Virtus online training
• Must also be personable and friendly, welcoming and inviting to all people.
• Have a strong service orientation in support of the Area Faith Community mission and ministry
• Maintain a positive and helpful attitude, even in difficult situations
• Ability to be supportive of all staff and parishioners
• Honest, dependable, trustworthy, and able to maintain confidentiality
• Ability to work independently and as a contributing member of a team
• Ability to complete work within time limits and attend to details
• Ability to transport self in daylight hours and after dark
• Ability to lift small office equipment, program materials and church supplies
• Ability to stand and/or sit for long periods of time
• Ability to walk up and down steps
• Ability to work longer hours when job demands. (74)
Incoming search terms:
- Family Faith Formation and Ministries